Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: where???  (Read 1092 times)

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
where???
« on: Jan 25, 2011, 09:09 AM »
Where in central Iowa can I find a place that carrys otter flip over shacks I am looking into buying one but I really want to see one in person before buying. Would really like to see the team wild series.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: where???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:19 PM »
mills fleetfarm mason city

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Thank you    :tipup:

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"

Offline EyesMan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • spent most my life fishn rest have been wasted
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Up to spirit lake they have them both at the berkly outlet store. I have a team wild 2 have for cpl yrs wrks great no complaints here .

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Yea the more I hear the more I like it lol. Only thing is I like the swivel chairs better than the bench but I may just update them down the road anyway.

Offline EyesMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:43 PM »
that has to b the only downfall the bench is heavy ,but comfortable

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2011, 07:59 PM »
Yea I am really having a hard time decideing between the otter wild 2 or the frabill trekker. I like the looks amd the thicker canvas on the otter but the price and the seats are very attractive on the frabill.

Offline TRCrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Do you have a 4 wheeler or are you pulling it by hand?

Offline EyesMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2011, 08:09 PM »
I pull the wild no problem early ice and no snow but 4whlr and truck when ice is good ,hyfax runners make a BIG diference slides and pulls alot easier  :icefish:

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:53 AM »
no quad but when I am on lakes with a long walk I would drive the pickup out if possible. If loaded weight becomes a problem i will go buy a jet sled and have the kid pull some of it lol. I currently have an old frabill hideout and honestly have never really had a problem pulling it with all my gear on unless its up hill once i am off the ice. Hyfax will be going on whichever shack i buy that I know.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2011, 07:50 AM »
The tube system in the frame is superior IMO with the Otter.  As well as the tow bar set up.   I have the old green one...prob 5 years now.  The only complaint is the windows....o2 of my 3 have cracks.  But in defense of otter....when it hits 15 below, anything that is flexible will be tested beyond it's normal wear and tear.  I recommend Otter sleds.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.