New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 2011 Lake Erie Ice Fishing  (Read 3839 times)

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
2011 Lake Erie Ice Fishing
« on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:47 AM »
i just thought i would start this page.... think there may be one already but its been cold and looks like a year when we  may make it out there after all the talk i hear.... any reports would help all us guys and gals out... keep us all posted .... Be Safe and Have Fun !!!!!!
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline jimski2

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 2011 Lake Erie Ice Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:55 AM »
Lake Erie is having the best perch fishing in history now. 30% of the perch are over 12 inches. We just have to wait for the ice to stabilize and get them. This weekend may be the start. A good place to start is off the Sturgeon Point Marina, a mile out to 55 foot of water. From off Eighteen Mile creek to the Southwest it is usually good anywhere. Wait till the oldtimers make the trails, especially if you are on foot. A compass is needed for whiteouts to get you home as the trails blow over with snow. Head Southeast for our shoreline.
You can not take too many perch, unless you can not clean them, give them to your friends and neighbors to clean and cook. The more perch you take, the faster and bigger the rest  will grow. The walleyes and bass will survive from fry to fingerlings.

Offline spaco32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:57 AM »
might be another weekend.  It looked like there were still pocketsof small open water patches like2 days ago.

Offline BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2011, 07:15 AM »
we fish the st p area spring summer and fall and Right in to deer hunting  season  with real good day of limit catches and big perch i cant wait to get out there once its locks up good Hope gps# are good for the hard water    have good day   bigfish :clap: :clap:

Offline MAJOBER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live Free & Die Hard
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2011, 07:51 AM »
just wanted to slip this thread ahead so we down forget about this place.... im sure someone will have some info. for us all... its the weekend    :thumbsup:
" There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and dark of night, And if you go no one may follow, That path is for your steps alone.  Ripple in still water,When there is no pebble tossed,Nor wind to blow.  You who choose to lead must follow, But if you fall you fall alone, If you stand then who's to guide you? If I knew the way then I would take you home."  Robert Hunter & Jerry Garcia

Offline no3steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2011, 12:10 PM »
i might venture out of SP tomorrow if not next week for sure
Bruce

Offline Perch Hunter 2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:20 AM »
Drove to SP yesterday, saw a ton of guys on the ice, wasnt able to talk to any, was anyone able  to find out how the bite is, how much ice, and what is working at what depth, I figure with the storm I wont be able to get out to at least the weekend. Hope the high wind doenst bust up the ice

Offline Snoman9762

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2011, 07:26 AM »
Drove to SP yesterday, saw a ton of guys on the ice, wasnt able to talk to any, was anyone able  to find out how the bite is, how much ice, and what is working at what depth, I figure with the storm I wont be able to get out to at least the weekend. Hope the high wind doenst bust up the ice
Check the Erie reports and conditions page. You'll find several reports, mine included.

FrankM

« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2011, 08:36 AM »
I would stay off Lake Erie today and tomorrow with the east winds thay are predicting.  There is still a big spot of open water to the west and with east winds blowing up to 30 mph some cracks are bound to open up.  Thursday the winds are supposed to turn back to the southwest which will close everything up again. 

Offline no3steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:00 AM »
Watching the news the Erie County Sheriffs asked ice fishermen to stay off the lake for the next couple days.I wonder who will be on the news getting that chopper ride off. :-\
Bruce

Offline jimski2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2011, 06:25 AM »
The county budget is broke this year and the fuel for a helicopter ride is only for persons who spent a couple nights out there.
You can not take too many perch, unless you can not clean them, give them to your friends and neighbors to clean and cook. The more perch you take, the faster and bigger the rest  will grow. The walleyes and bass will survive from fry to fingerlings.

Offline EyeMaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2011, 06:43 PM »
Just got on the site,  Lookin for infov about Whitney Pt.,Cuba Lk.,Silver Lk.
Lk.Erie,And Chautagua.    Just grabbed a new Clam sngle-mn and got busy
with work so haven't used it yet!!  My bro hit some eyes at Cuba a couple
weeks ago and killed the gills at Silver so we been fryin' away , now its time
to get down and d .    Anyone in Western NY  or who has hit any piece of ice
from Buffalo to Syracuse and wants to share some info would be great.
Plannin Trips to Oneida and Whitney Point Resevoir , I'll be in the game from
here on out!!!!     EYES BEWARE~~!!!

Offline Ice26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2011, 09:41 AM »
You'll have to throw a few more posts before you get info back on this site........
After you meet the post requirements you can check the conditions board.....

Offline geoad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2011, 08:56 AM »
is any body going 2 sp sat

Offline Sam Quint

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2011, 02:11 PM »
I'm gunna give it a shot tomorrow morning on foot but definitely be bringing my spuds bar and traveling light.

looks like the ice in front of sturgeon held up pretty good

jan 31 2011

feb 3,2011

Offline perch md

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2011, 05:48 PM »
Any reports on ice conditions this weekend?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.