Author Topic: 15 Hour Power Log  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Shack Man

• Team IceShanty Regular
15 Hour Power Log
« on: Jan 21, 2011, 01:02 PM »
For all you guy's that burn wood in your ice fishing shacks, Prairie Fireplaces on King Edward st.( or route 90) has the 15 Hour Power Log. Tried them and they do what they say, I got at least 15 hrs of burn, not a bright flame but a long slow burn almost like a lump of coal. I found in an open fire they burn brighter and faster but if you can turn the air control down on your stove they burn long and slow. 1 or 2 logs should provide good heat most of the day. Paid $11.99 a box for 4 logs, they are made from compressed flax straw, easier than hauling a load of wood with you, ;) I was impressed!! ;D
   FISHING IS LIKE SEX, WHEN IT'S GOOD IT'S REAL GOOD AND WHEN IT'S BAD IT'S STILL GOOD......

Offline adwox

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 15 Hour Power Log
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2011, 01:50 PM »
how much heat? got a big space to warm up but i was thinkin about those logs

Offline Shack Man

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2011, 02:17 PM »
They advertise they produce more heat than a comparable size Oak log. In my stove at home I had a nice hot bed of embers, put 4 Power logs in, turned the air control down to low, stove got to about 450F and 14 hours later the stove was still warm with only 4 logs with lots of hot embers inside. The web address is www.thepowerlog.com
   FISHING IS LIKE SEX, WHEN IT'S GOOD IT'S REAL GOOD AND WHEN IT'S BAD IT'S STILL GOOD......

Offline Blaze1234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2011, 03:09 PM »
Those Power Logs are great, have been using them for a while now!

The Rep that I get mine from is Paul, he can be reached at 204-724-3821.

Offline Shack Man

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2011, 04:13 PM »
Welcome to the boards Blaze1234 :)
Do you burn them in your shack? what kind of burn times were you getting?

Offline Blaze1234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2011, 04:54 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Shack Man.
I use the logs in my shack and also in my fireplace at home. In the shack I usually put 2-3 logs in at the start of the day and thats it - they last the whole day, with plenty of heat.

Offline adwox

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2011, 10:49 PM »
i have a big shack and go thru truck loads of wood heating it for a day. im gonna try these out but unless its good heat cant see it workin for me. o well worth a shot for that price

Offline tommy jr.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:39 PM »
I use small pieces of hardwoods used in building high end solid wood exterior doors. It burns really hot and the heat seems to last. You don't need much to keep er pumpin heat all day.

Offline mbrattler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2011, 11:10 AM »
Let me know if anyone wants some

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2011, 11:17 AM »
Looks like something I would be interested in for my cabin, I hate waking up in the night because I'm cold and need to feed the woodstove (that is almost out). Toss two of those in and go to sleep, and still have a warm cabin in the morning sounds good.

I went to their website and recommended a dealer for the Southeast area.

Offline Shack Man

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2011, 06:12 PM »
Prairie Fireplaces in winnipeg has good stock of them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.