Author Topic: Weekend Report - Argyle Lake  (Read 730 times)

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
Weekend Report - Argyle Lake
« on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Well after several weeks of planning, searching, investigating, and dreaming we finally made the 3 1/2 hour drive north to fish a new lake with high hopes. We found the lake access to be a bit tough if you didn't have a four-wheel drive and the banks quite steep to get your gear down to. On the plus side the ice was a perfect 6" of clear ice over the entire lake and the weather perfect for fishing (low winds, cloudy and cold temps). Here's a few pics starting from Friday morning at first light.

Expectations are high as we begin to fish areas that appear to be favorable from the lake map. We couldn't find much on the drop offs and flats so we started hitting the downed trees and banks. Lots of small gills and a few smaller Crappie and a bunch of these dudes if you wanted to target them.

We were hoping for gills and Crappie, but were given Trout and Channel Cats on the first day. Second day we did some more exploring and finally found where the gills would cruise, but they were medium size for the most part. The larger gills we found were all Redears.  Never quite figured out the pattern for schools of Crappie so we took what the lake had to offer. Here's just one of the smaller cats I had a pic taken of. I landed five and lost 2-3 at the hole.

Spent Sunday morning trying for more gills or Trout.

Overall we had a blast, not many folks at all fishing this lake, the pannies stymied us a bit, and I'm absolutely bushed from drilling holes, walking long distances, carrying gear up and down hills, my hands are chapped and cracked...and I wouldn't trade it for anything  ;) ;D! It's a good pain  @) ;) ;D!

Tight Lines everyone

ratsotail

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Weekend Report - Argyle Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Very nice very nice!!!! Thanks for the pm back didn't mean to rush ya eas just anxious to heat about the trout! Thanks again!
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2011, 08:00 PM »
 Good job guys! Love the pics! May have to make another run down there!
 Thanks for the info!
  Matt

Offline lindenborn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2011, 11:12 AM »
Nice work guys looks like you had a blast!!!  Thanks for the pics!
Lindy

Offline Roncarr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it swims I will JIG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2011, 11:47 AM »
Good work guys :tipup: nice looking trout  :tipup:
no flag just a perch doin a drive by 

Offline dutch 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's no fish in this lake.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2011, 03:02 PM »
Nice job fellas!
Any day I get to play with my auger is a good day!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.