Author Topic: --- SLED MODS ---  (Read 129316 times)

DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: --- SLED MODS ---
« Reply #340 on: Aug 25, 2017, 01:32 PM »
looks like this thread needs a do over. Half of the photos are not available

In case you didn't know.....all past pictures posted thru Photobucket have been deleted by Photobucket.  If one wants to continue using it for posting pictures, the cost went from free to $400.00 a year.
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #341 on: Aug 25, 2017, 05:49 PM »
So do we erase old and start over?  or do we start over finding our posts in the millions of lost pictures?? Which is a big pain in the arse..  to bad there is no way to leave post counts alone etc.. erase all data and start over cause pictures are gone.. it would save the storage space for the form if you know what I mean by that??  and repost what we can after the data is gone..  if you think about it it's posting twice the data and the site is paying store it mainly ice shanty and it's members.. that chip in ..   it up to every one else if they want to do this?? cause I know a picture is worth a thousand words ... is erasing the info even a idea or worth it??

DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #342 on: Aug 29, 2017, 08:02 AM »
So do we erase old and start over?  or do we start over finding our posts in the millions of lost pictures?? Which is a big pain in the arse..  to bad there is no way to leave post counts alone etc.. erase all data and start over cause pictures are gone.. it would save the storage space for the form if you know what I mean by that??  and repost what we can after the data is gone..  if you think about it it's posting twice the data and the site is paying store it mainly ice shanty and it's members.. that chip in ..   it up to every one else if they want to do this?? cause I know a picture is worth a thousand words ... is erasing the info even a idea or worth it??

For me, not being able to find a similar site as Photobucket or Picasa (also shut down) that will allow pictures to be downloaded from a camera and then stored for future use is a pretty big deal.  I have heard that places like imgur or shutterbug stores pics but unless I am greatly mistaken they do not have the downloading from a camera capability.  They just store pictures already downloaded from somewhere else.  If I am wrong, perhaps someone who knows how to download pics from a camera (NOT a cell phone camera) from either of those sites could explain how to do so as I am more than a little computer illiterate. 
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #343 on: Aug 29, 2017, 08:30 PM »
DLB,
Yes, for Imgur you have to move the pictures first to your computer, then you can drag them into Imgur super easy. I just have a folder on my computer desktop labeled Fishing Pictures and I put all my camera pictures there. Then just drag to Imgur. I like this because then it also keeps all my photos on my computer in case something like the Photobucket fiasco happens, I still have them all.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Warren_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #344 on: Sep 26, 2017, 05:39 PM »
I am using Flickr, seems to be the same kind of features that photobucket had, although the urls to embed links must be modified with something like notepad. I do like that I can choose the image size at the time I am copying the url link, hopefully it sticks around and does not begin charging a fee to use it.

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.