The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Your NILS order  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Tipup Master

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A bad start to the day!
Your NILS order
« on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Hopefully the USA NILS distributor is telling the truth this time.  FishUSA said they should be getting their orders today and be shipping them out immediately.  I've had my 6 inch ordered since Dec 3 and am still putting up with my 7 inch mankiller Mora.  Sore shoulder today from drilling holes in 8 inches yesterday.  Did catch some nice size gills (4) on Singer Lake.  One thing about Singer.........what you catch is usually good size.  Some people have been catching 10-20 including some Specs.  No such luck for me yet.  Snow is only about 8 inches.

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Your NILS order
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2011, 10:30 AM »
Hopefully the USA NILS distributor is telling the truth this time.  FishUSA said they should be getting their orders today and be shipping them out immediately.  I've had my 6 inch ordered since Dec 3 and am still putting up with my 7 inch mankiller Mora.  Sore shoulder today from drilling holes in 8 inches yesterday.  Did catch some nice size gills (4) on Singer Lake.  One thing about Singer.........what you catch is usually good size.  Some people have been catching 10-20 including some Specs.  No such luck for me yet.  Snow is only about 8 inches.
[/quote
My Nils Master is on backorder from Cabelas since 1-3-11. The email I got from them said they expect the warehouse to receive their shipment on 1-21-11. The didnt say mine would be in that shipment though.

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2011, 11:22 PM »
Mine came in today going to pick it up tomorrow............. :thumbsup:

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:15 AM »
Boo Hoo, :>( Im soooo jealous. When did you order it?

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:17 AM »
Jan 5th Cabelas online

Offline BURNSEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:33 AM »
Ordered one from redrock ten days ago. Anybodyelse,when and how did it take?

Offline Tipup Master

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2011, 07:49 AM »
Just got off the phone with FishUSA.  They still haven't received mine from the NILS distributor yet.  Getting very frustrated as the National NILS distributor keeps telling the story..........."tomorrow....tomorrow".  I hope this auger if it ever shows up is worth the aggravation.

Offline Mr_Jigster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2011, 08:24 AM »
Some advice for buying a Nils auger........ORDER THEM IN SEPTEMBER OR OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:05 PM »
WOW, those things are sharp.      The rubber strap that holds the cover on rubbed against the blade while taking it off, needless to say its in 2 pieces.......

Offline damanfrgr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Well I guess!!!LETS DO THIS
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2011, 05:30 PM »
My in fisherman mag claims that u can get 18.6 inch fish out of a 6 inch hole???8 inch 25.1 ???they have  a calculation for it i guess..circum,=3.14xdia....6 inch hole has circumference of about 19 inches??? Thats what they say?? :-\ ???
FISH:)mmm good

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2011, 05:43 PM »
I only ever fished 10" and 8" holes and last week at St.Clair i fished a 6". I swear i tangled more fish on the tducer cable than ever. I never bother pulling it out with the larger hole.......i went with the 8" NILS

Offline Tipup Master

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:29 PM »
I'm thinking maybe I should have went with a 8 inch NILS.  I was concerned it would turn too much like my 7 inch MORA (P.O.S.).  I tip up fish alot and know my 7 inch is alot bigger than a 6 inch (Pie R squared).  I bet a 8 is really nice for tip ups.

Offline damanfrgr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Well I guess!!!LETS DO THIS
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:32 PM »
1 out of 5-6 of mine usaully tangle but if i konw its a nice one set the hook and pull the trans!
FISH:)mmm good

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2011, 01:22 AM »
Just got off the phone with FishUSA.  They still haven't received mine from the NILS distributor yet.  Getting very frustrated as the National NILS distributor keeps telling the story..........."tomorrow....tomorrow".  I hope this auger if it ever shows up is worth the aggravation.
Just checked the status of my order from Cabelas for the Nils Master 6"auger and it now shows "shipped" instead of "in process"

Offline Tipup Master

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2011, 08:21 AM »
Holy crap Batman.........my NILS was finally shipped and will arrive tomorrow.  Delaying my trip to Cadillac until UPS shows up.

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2011, 04:07 PM »
Holy crap Batman.........my NILS was finally shipped and will arrive tomorrow.  Delaying my trip to Cadillac until UPS shows up.
Lets have a party! Mine is showing up via UPS aswell tomorrow :) Now to find a home for my new StrikeMaster Lazer :>(

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2011, 12:55 PM »
UPS guy showed up and made me smile :>) Unboxed it and straight to the basement for a good coating of spray silicone and a wipe down and off to the back of the truck with the rest of the gear.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.