Author Topic: worth the price  (Read 1454 times)

Offline triggerman

• IceShanty Rookie
worth the price
« on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:39 AM »
so been looking at a local sporting goods store, they have the frabil recon (not the DLX) one man flip, normally 169.99 but I have a 20% off coupon from them via their email list, so makes this unit 135.99 new in the box, is this a good price and worth picking up?  Ive fished for years and never used any type of shanty at all, but am thinking the price sounds great and might be a good investment for me (like the FL18 has been)  I know the shantys have been discussed till everyone is blue in the face, but I am just wondering if at this price its worth it to pick it up?

Offline bencurley

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: worth the price
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:46 AM »
Good Deal.Go get it. You won't be sorry! ;D

Offline minger1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2011, 04:15 PM »
You will like it the one thing with it being that you sit in the chair in the sled so it kind of takes some storage room away from the sled. But the price if right and if you pack light and right it should be fine. I have had mine for two season now love it but I did upgrade it to the bench seat. Then kind of realized that the bench seat with no back isnt extremely comfortable either might try to put a boat seat in next. But all the rambling and grumbling aside its a great product and a great price go get it.

Offline triggerman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2011, 08:24 PM »
I fish light anyway, so storage is not a big deal, currently i use am otter small sled and with my ice box auger and lantern with my vex i am covered for the day, with a small flip over I am sure i can get my limited gear in the sled and travel very light

gonna go down tomorrow and pick it up, figured the price is pretty decent and the wife told me it was my money to spend and she didnt care of I got it

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:58 AM »
I had about the same thing happen to me last year at Dicks and the only difference was the one I was going to get was the display model and not in the box. I debated and ended up getting a Shappell Rover 1 just because it had a little more
room and had built in bench seat. I like it but I could have saved some cash if I got the Frabill. Still no regrets though.
Greg
Fish on!

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2011, 06:46 AM »
With the money saved, you'll be able to get a small heater and be set for the season.

Sounds like you made a really good deal.

Wiener

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.