Author Topic: X67C Arrived - Got A Few Questions...  (Read 1031 times)

Offline VanderLaan

• Team IceShanty Regular
X67C Arrived - Got A Few Questions...
« on: Jan 04, 2011, 08:59 PM »
X67C arrived today.  I have it assembled and the battery is charging.   ;D  This is my first piece of electronics, so I have a few questions:

1)  What is the black rubber cable/cord for?  Wing nut?  Thinking it is for summer/boat applications.

2)  Can you overlay a clock/time and/or a power monitor on the screen or is that just the M68C?  I note the flasher mode has the little battery, but what about when it is in graph mode?

3)  How do you rig a float using pipe insulation?  I put a piece of 1/2" about six inches long on the 'ducer cord, but it looks as though the zip ties would pull right through the foam.  Do you just cinch the zip ties around the foam so that it is tight on the 'ducer cord?

I am still reading the manual, so I may have some questions latter.  Any other tips and tricks would be appreciated. 

Thanks-
The test of man is not how how far he will go to win, but how far he will go when he has already lost.

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: X67C Arrived - Got A Few Questions...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2011, 09:10 PM »
I just went to Franks and bought a vex float with stopper. worked great

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2011, 09:24 PM »
i took the pipe insulation and tucked it inside itself making the diameter smaller. then wrapped it a few times with electrical tape. still dont have a great idea for the stopper yet.

Offline bluecaddisfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TIGHT LINES AND SMOOTH DRAGS
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2011, 02:20 AM »
the manuel  or mfg's website should answer the cord wingnut, and display questions if no one here does.  the ducer float, make sure the isulation fits snug on cord, a piece of rubber, like the vex stop or a homemade stop made similar will do. if need pic of the stop, will post one.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:41 PM »
You can overlay the battery voltage on the graph mode too.
You can also download the X67C emulator from Lowrance and play with it on your computer, it takes a few minutes but well worth the effort.  Go to the link and then scroll way down, it's almost at the bottom. http://www.lowrance.com/Downloads/Product-Emulators/

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:55 PM »
i took the pipe insulation and tucked it inside itself making the diameter smaller. then wrapped it a few times with electrical tape. still dont have a great idea for the stopper yet.

binder clip?  Clothespin?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Hardwater Wanderer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2011, 04:38 PM »
The rubber cord goes through a hole through the top of the transducer to help support the transducer to not hang on the cable ,I used a small tye rap (plastic wire tie) to hold it to the cable. Then you weave the rubber through the little nubs sticking up on the base inside the bag. in flasher mode the battery charge is displayed in the lower right corner. Didn't find any use for the wingnut . Absolutely love that machine ! Flasher is good like the split screen /bottom lock feature but in detail I think the graph is more user friendly . That said ,I was using a 168 Cuda prior to purchase and may not have if a buddy hadn't let me use his son's 128 Cuda and realised my 168 sucked . Planning on sealing a piece of closed cell foam to the bottom of my kayak and shooting through the hull with a little water in it for the summer !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.