Author Topic: Woodridge Lake - Goshen  (Read 11089 times)

Offline dtsoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
Woodridge Lake - Goshen
« on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Got out this morning from 7:15 to 9:30 despite the on and off rain showers and got a few yellow perch and one LMB of 19" jigging with a Rapala. About 10" of ice but the old holes did not refreeze at all the last two days. There was about 2 inches of water on top of the ice and I imagine there is even more now. Edges were getting really slushy, don't know how long they'll hold up with this warm weather. Be careful if you go out. Tight lines.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Woodridge Lake - Goshen
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2011, 11:21 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong but I was pretty sure the general public can't get on that lake unless you own property there.

Offline loves winter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:46 PM »
Or you are there with a member of the association.  Alot of people still sneak on. I personally know three people who live up there.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Well I suppose it might be worth a sneak in for a musky unless the consequence is criminal trespass...

Offline dtsoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I haven't heard of any tigers coming out of Woodridge for a couple of years now but I don't ask about them, either. I have been told that the tigers are sterile and that they were stocked more than 10 years ago with a maximum life span of 10 years.

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2011, 09:15 AM »
my buddy lives there i was with him on sat and he got a 25lb tiger don't go there unless you live there or you are with someone that lives there someone that's been fishing for the Wally's in there hes been getting there around 4pm with no sticker on his car and my buddy is going to call the cops and have them pinched for fishing there so stay off it if you don't live on it just trying to save some people the trouble of having to deal with the cops for sneaking on  the lake
Go big or go home

Offline Kierran

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • theCTyankee.com
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2011, 11:48 AM »
my buddy lives there i was with him on sat and he got a 25lb tiger don't go there unless you live there or you are with someone that lives there someone that's been fishing for the Wally's in there hes been getting there around 4pm with no sticker on his car and my buddy is going to call the cops and have them pinched for fishing there so stay off it if you don't live on it just trying to save some people the trouble of having to deal with the cops for sneaking on  the lake

I'm sure posting that your buddy got a 25 pound tiger muskie on Saturday will really help cut down on the illegal trespassing  :tipup:

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2011, 12:25 PM »

Thankfully there are members there that were easily paid off for access.  Why exactly you would post about a fictional musky just to then say stay off reminds me of a kid saying haha cant have that.  Without a picture it's a lie.

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2011, 12:44 PM »
There are probably only a handful of tigers left in that lake. I went for tigers there last year with someone who lives on the lake and we didn't see a flag. I think he only got 1 last winter and he put in a lot of time. Odds are if you sneak on the lake you'll see the cops before you see a muskie.

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2011, 02:11 PM »
mat this is ed i have a pic but wont post it my buddy don't want me to why is it a lie without a pic please don't call me a liar u can go screw and you cant pay someone off you have to be with the person  to fish it so don't post if you don't know what you are talking about
Go big or go home

Offline waltsfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AH-SUNSET -to fish or not to fish what a stupid ?
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2011, 02:28 PM »
sounds like a rookie

Offline Penn920

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Can't wait to fish Woodridge tomorrow night!

Offline pikePERSUADER1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Northern Pike- all other fish are bait
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2011, 03:46 PM »
what people should do is let the elitists have there private lake stocked with tigers, which cost about 35$ a piece for babys (looked it up on the internet) that definitely came out of their pockets, and get together with a popular bait shop that holds some say in things and petition to the DEP to stock them elswhere on a big public lake and make the regulations strictly catch and release. Does anybody know why this hasnt happened already, its not like there going to ruin the fishery, they cannot reproduce and the population wouldnt run rampant, it would only provide a unique fishing opportunity for CT anglers. NY and Mass both stock tigers in particular lakes just for this reason, and to help regulate over populated species of panfish, baitfish etc.

Offline pikePERSUADER1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2011, 04:45 PM »
if we got the right people involved with more pull than just one or two regular people, you never know, the dep spends tons of money stocking trout in lakes, rivers, and ponds, why not budget a little(by comparison) of that stocking money for tiger muskie. It would take more than a few random people asking them to, but what if you can get multiple bait shops and hundreds if not thousands of people to sign a petition, I feel like the money I spend on my license is completely a waste and does nothing for me because i dont fish for the rinky-dink stocked trout that they put in the waters!

Offline Penn920

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2011, 05:27 PM »
PikePersuader1 I see your point about how no one fishes for trout but we need those trout so the largemouths and pike in Mansfield can grow huge!  ;D I'd be intrested in that petition though if it ever started up its a good idea.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Can't wait to fish Woodridge tomorrow night!

Maybe I'll join you!  I may know a few Goshen cops!   :P

Offline FondoFishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Whats a tiger musky? ;D

Trooper Bri

« Reply #17 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:55 PM »
Wow. A whole lotta love over someone else's back yard.

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Ok children, lets play nice now!!!
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline CT-iceguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 05, 2011, 11:41 PM »
Stay off my lake! :D ;D
-Christian Genarelli

Offline Wall-HaNgEr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:55 AM »
I have been a member of this site for a few years now though I do not post on here very often.  I have always liked this site because the core group of fishermen that post on this site are gentlemen, posting fishing related topics which generally spread knowledge to other fishermen.  I live in the Woodridge Lake Community. ( I guess that makes me an "elitist" as one person said) I bought the house because of the lake (My wife thinks its because she liked the house)  I am interested in reading about all the fishing in the state.  I am probably not going to take the information that I get from this site and go to the coves on the CT River and trash (literally) some other guys spot.  That being said, this thread started out quite simply.  A guy says he got out and fished *great that is what the site is all about.  A few questions arise and then someone feels the need to be a wiseguy and turn a thread into a waste of time.  There is a time and a place for everything. I don't think this site should be used to ruffle feathers and say that you are going to "sneak on" somewhere you do not belong.  There were good points on this thread about lobbying the right people to get more of a variety out of the stocking program in this state.  I am just writing to say that people need to a little more grown up when posting.   Keep the site fun and informative.  If you want to fish Woodridge, PM one of the guys that lives on the lake.  That is one of the greatest tools of this site, meeting other fishermen from other parts of the state.  I don't know the first thing about fishing for Walleye in Eastern CT but if I wanted to learn, I would simply try to hookup with one of the sportsmen on here that does.  As far as saying that you are going to Sneak on to Woodridge, put yourself in my shoes.  I do pay a good amount of money each year in dues that go to the upkeep of the grounds as well as the stocking of the lake.  I don't mind paying it because I know the manner in which it is done and know that the lake is respected and well kept by the members because we all are paying for it.  If guys are going to try to sneak it is not fare to those of us who payed to make it what it is.  Just my two cents guys, I am not calling anyone out just putting it out there.

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2011, 01:06 PM »
Ed and his buddy know what they're doing and catch as many monster pike out of CT waters as anyone. They usually don't post because they put in a lot of time fishing and finding good locations and they don't want the spots getting burned on the internet. They have nothing to prove and even though I'm sure you'd like to see some proof it's a smart move not to post the pics, especially those caught from a PRIVATE lake. The people on that lake pay a lot of money for the right to fish there and I'm sure many of them will call the cops if they see people sneaking on. If you want to fish for Tigers go to one of the lakes in Mass, NY, or Jersey. It's legal and you'll have a much better shot at catching one.

Offline Wall-HaNgEr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 06, 2011, 01:19 PM »
Just because you spend a bit of your money doesn't make you respect the lake more or less.  By that you mean to say that by not paying anything people who may sneak on don't care about how the lake is kept.  If that were the case then ever public lake in CT would be a trash pit. 

Regarding the original poster talking about fishing there that's cool it's what the board is about but don't you think its a bit over the top to then tell people to stay off because his buddy is going to call the cops?  Then top it off with a fictional fish without a picture! 

This thread makes for a great read on the crapper!

You missed my point completely. I am not here to get in a pissing contest with anyone, just putting out the facts.  And as far a you not believing weather or not a guy caught a 25lb muskie is your problem.  Here are a few I caught with a friend this fall.  In the boat pic is 46 inches 25lbs and the pic on land is 50 inch 30lbs.  I have over 25 muskie total all released and there were no repeat

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2011, 01:28 PM »
FAKE!  ;D

Beautiful Tigers!

Offline Wall-HaNgEr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 06, 2011, 01:31 PM »
haha, right!

Offline pikePERSUADER1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 06, 2011, 01:49 PM »
Wow. look at the colors and pattern on the one on the boat!!! So any woodridge members out there wanna invite me to ice fish the lake??? bribes in food and beer can be made! lol  p.s. i think i would have to have a replica mount made of one that big, dont care about how much it would cost!

Offline Jessox80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The malevolent aged grin..."- Hughes
« Reply #26 on: Jan 06, 2011, 02:41 PM »
I'm glad this thread got so heated, otherwise I would have missed out on seeing these terrific fish!!!
Hmmm...... If I plunk down my $35, how long would it take a fingerling to get that big in my bath tub?
Joking aside, these pics are enough to convince me that we need to petition the state to stock some tigers!
Pike fishing is a like a cruel mistress that is too beautiful to leave.

Offline pikePERSUADER1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 06, 2011, 02:55 PM »
^^^right on jessox! any ideas of how we could feasibly get something rolling in that area??? Anybody know people employed with the DEP, or know anywhere to start?  The power of the internet is (sometimes) a beautiful thing! Why dont we start a thread with that being the topic, and see where we could possibly go from there?

Offline Jessox80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The malevolent aged grin..."- Hughes
« Reply #28 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:31 PM »
As an aside, I was too overwhelmed by the colors on those muskies to give my two cents on the topic at hand: there's plenty of great fishing in on the public waters in this state. A small monetary investment and a day trip or weekend to Mass. or N.Y. sounds like better way to approach catching a tiger than skulking and spending all day worrying about getting pimp-smacked by Johnny Law. 
Pike fishing is a like a cruel mistress that is too beautiful to leave.

Offline pikePERSUADER1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:13 PM »
fishing for these guys requires countless hours on the water, "the fish of 10,000 casts", although you could take a day trip your time probably wouldnt get you one unless you spent hours and hours and multiple full days on that particular body of water, i dont know, is it THAT CRAZY to think the DEP  might listen to the people that make their paychecks clear at the bank?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.