Author Topic: bibs  (Read 2329 times)

Offline hntrboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
bibs
« on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I want to buy a pair of guide gear ice bibs...went to muck boots online,fish 307, glens army navy;all sold out.Any suggestions? Tried all the sponsors. :-\

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: bibs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2011, 10:04 PM »
I'm in the same boat!  Not too sure what to buy.  Pro's and con's of each???  I need something to stay dry in. :icefish:

Offline hntrboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2011, 10:08 PM »
I've read tons of reviews and decided guide gear is as good as the competition... just seem to be sold out everywhere.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2011, 10:10 PM »
Been wearing my Striker snowmobile bibs recently, so far so good think I paid $37 for them online someplace.

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Striper/White Bass, 3+lbs, Put back down the hole
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:24 AM »
I'm not sure, but Guide Gear is a Cabelas product name, isn't it?
Try Cabelas..

http://www.cabelas.com/

or Sportsmans' Guide:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/Main.aspx?

G'luck
;-)
   - My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Good Luck!! &  "Watch Your Bobber!"

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:49 AM »
You can still get Acrtic Armor bibs here:

http://www.idigear.com/arcticarmor1.php
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:30 AM »
I guess Im old school.  I just wear Carharts.

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:36 AM »
Got  AA bibs this year...love em! :tipup:

Offline getsomekayak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:13 AM »
Just keep checking there sportsman's guide website.... they come back in stock every once in awhile, but sell out quickly. I just got mine last week. I was checking it every morning, and one day they had them in stock...I ordered a pair, and  by the time I was done they were out of stock again.

Offline morgan88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:16 PM »
i got the ice jacket and the ice bibs and i love'em  i even heard they are made buy ice armor but sold to sportsman guide with sportsman guide sticker on them. but they are get ive had mine 5 years and brought a nothere set just because .

Offline icemantwo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:24 PM »
I am also waiting for them to get in stock.  It's been 3 weeks now.  Ridiculous  :'(  I saw them in large a few times but they don't seem to get any other size in stock( I'm a medium)
A day without fishing is a day wasted.

Offline rayfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Try Herb Philipsons.

They have lined Germay army bibs for cheap, however, very warm.

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:56 PM »
getsomekayak and morgan88, what brand are these bibs and jacket you speak of.  Name?  Thanks

Offline Tricounty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:55 PM »
My wife got me some vexilar bibs from red rock in Minnisota, used them since Christmas I like them alot. kept me dry in the 40 degree rain and warm the next day at 8 degrees with a 20 mph wind.
They run small tho.

Tight lines.
Tricounty
Looks like Chuck is taking the skinny boat to tuna town. "Pops"

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2011, 10:42 PM »
It's called Guide Gear not the same as Cabelas Guide Ware

Offline strike1st

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2011, 10:49 PM »
Guide gear is sportsmansguide correct?
"All men have fears, but the brave put down their fears and go forward, sometimes to death, but always to victory" motto of the King's Guard in ancient Greece.

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 2011, 11:48 PM »
I bought a pair and for the money spent, like $50 they are just as good as bibs 4x the amount. I were mine here in Sask Canada where arctic -30 temps are common. Very comfy, keep you dry and warm  and don't cost a fortune.
Sportsman Guide has them.

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:28 AM »
Guide Gear if I am not mistaken is sportsman guide's brand.  I don't know if they are sold anywhere else or not.  I have a buddy that is on the market and did a ton of research on them.  The guide gear's brand appear to be of equal quality yet a lot less expensive.  However as several people earlier stated, they are always out of stock. 
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline crappiefister

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:00 PM »
I haven't tried the bibs yet (have 5-6 year old carharts I'm waiting to wear out) but I really like the Gander Mountain Guide series stuff for duck hunting.  My jacket is the most waterproof piece of gear I have ever owned.  And the few other items I have (waders, gloves, hat) are also well made.  I would assume the bibs are comparable and the GS line is really reasonably priced compared to other brands.  My next ones will be something like this since the carharts are far from waterproof.
C:\Users\jcorey\Desktop\SnotsicleStrikeForce5copy.jpg

Offline getsomekayak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 05, 2011, 03:00 PM »
getsomekayak and morgan88, what brand are these bibs and jacket you speak of.  Name?  Thanks

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/guide-gear-ice-parka.aspx?a=385947

I am sure they are probably the exact same as the ice armor, someone actually said that they wore them into a store and compared them to ice armor and couldn't find any difference. What people need to realize is that when you buy from big companies, you literally are buying the brand name. If you take these bibs for example, the reason why sportsmans guide can sell them for cheaper is because they dont need as much profit off of them to stay in business. Ice Armor on the other hand has higher expenses, primarily marketing. Ice Armor markets their product, whether its through magazines, sponsorships, tv commercials,etc....they all cost money, and the company needs to recoup that money somewhere (the price of the product). Sportsmans Guide doesnt have many of those costs...there marketing is mainly through their catalogs. Same goes for if you shop at cabelas vs. online ....Cabelas has such a huge overhead because they have massive buildings full of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of mounted animals, and other decorations...while on the other hand, online retailers may just have a warehouse in the middle of nowhere costing them very little.

....end rant

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 05, 2011, 10:51 PM »
Thanks for the rant.  I totally agree!!!!  Great post! :icefish:

Offline 69Stingray

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy.
« Reply #21 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:20 PM »
love my carhartts too!  extreme arctic quilt b**ches!

Offline one last cast

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:34 PM »
few things are differnt, ice armour has a padded seat, d rings on the bibs and a bigger price tag. im glad i bought the Guide Gear!
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Offline Iceman421

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2011, 01:14 PM »
I saw these last year and thought they'd be a good purchase. I had plans to get the bibs and parka but like everyone else says they were sold out. I may still be in the market for them if I could ever find them in stock.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.