Author Topic: DAKOTA Fishing Maps - Pactola???  (Read 1316 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
DAKOTA Fishing Maps - Pactola???
« on: Dec 30, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Picked up a Pactola map published by DAKOTA Fishing Maps and it seems very basic with little real detail. Has anyone here used this map before, and is it accurate or just a real loose generalization of Pactola? Bro-in-law and I are wanting to target lakers over there in the next couple of weeks. Thanks.

Offline black hills tj

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: DAKOTA Fishing Maps - Pactola???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2010, 02:10 PM »
I've never looked at a map of the lake, but I've cruised around it enough during open water, that I have a fair idea of what things look like under the surface.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Thanks for the great info.  ;D

Offline black hills tj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2010, 03:10 PM »
I don't know what the map looks like, but what do you want to know about the lake?  As far as I know most of the deeper water is still open or has very limited ice.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2010, 03:16 PM »

I don't know what the map looks like...

Has anyone here used this map before, and is it accurate or just a real loose generalization of Pactola?
No worries. Have a good New Year.  :tipup:

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2010, 11:20 PM »
Not sure when your planning on fishing, but the only part of pactola that is froze is jenny gulch.  Which I've had good luck for northerns, but not lakers.   Good luck to ya man, let me know when your this direction.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2011, 12:00 AM »
Yeah... We all need MOAR ICE!!!!  >:(

My wife and bro-in-law are in Disney for the coming week with the niece. Was hoping on getting over to Pactola to meet up with him in 2-3 weeks. Was thinking about reservations for a room and looking at a cheap-o map yesterday trying to plan some laker strategery. Got to thinking maybe the map isn't much good and I should possibly look for a better one.

Been receiving some PM's with good laker advice from the WY side. Be great to meet up with you if and when we get over. Might even do a Stockade/Sheridan trip if Pactola won't cooperate...

Offline Fillet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2011, 06:27 AM »
How does the map compare to hotmaps or the gfp map? I am ready to hit some big lakers but so far I havent found them in Jenny and nothing else is froze!  Last year Jenny was good for lakers but no go so far this year. I will talk details if you want to PM but lets just hope for a main lake freeze!

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2011, 07:59 AM »
If your not using a GPS map, and all your looking for is contours and depths, just go to the South Dakota game fish and parks page and you can download and print a map of the lake there. It looks kinda crappy, but the depths are pretty accurate. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.