The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Normark 8'' hand auger...  (Read 704 times)

Offline emkay

• IceShanty Rookie
Normark 8'' hand auger...
« on: Dec 18, 2010, 10:46 AM »
Cant afford a power auger this year and I've read multiple reviews on alot of hand augers but havent found anything on normark? Anybody know if they're any good?

Offline emkay

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Normark 8'' hand auger...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2010, 03:26 PM »
Nevermind guys, just bought it. I went to my parents place to try it out, They live on Champlain lake... I actually built my ice house in their backyard. Took me about 30 seconds drilling through(by hand), we have 8 inches of ice right now...

Offline skinnytrucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2010, 04:36 PM »
Nevermind guys, just bought it. I went to my parents place to try it out, They live on Champlain lake... I actually built my ice house in their backyard. Took me about 30 seconds drilling through(by hand), we have 8 inches of ice right now...

You shoulda bought a Nils and would have only taken you 9 seconds to drill thru 8 inches of ice. Oh well. When will people learn?
Da Buckless Yooper

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2010, 10:57 PM »
As you found out the fin-bore is a great hand auger and folds up nicely for travel.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.