Author Topic: Stren hi-vis ice line  (Read 945 times)

icefishnfool

Stren hi-vis ice line
« on: Dec 19, 2004, 08:21 PM »
I had purchased some last year at Gander .......can't find any this year ......does anybody know where to get Stren hi-vis 4-6 pound ice line

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Stren hi-vis ice line
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2004, 08:37 PM »
Check back with Gander after the 28th of this month if you can wait that long.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline Poorboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2004, 04:53 AM »
Just out of curiousity, IFF, why do you use it?  I fell in love with Trilene Hi- Vis for open water a few yrs ago, respooled all my bass/pickerel reels with it.  I could always see where I was casting or trolling.  The following year it was (and still remains) impossible to find.  Guess I was the only one who liked it. It was very bright chartreuse in color.

What advantage does hi-vis have on ice?

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2004, 06:20 AM »
The hi-vis line is used a lot by tightliners since they can see it easily. It is easy to see small movements in the line when a fish just sucks it in without moving.

Mark, our Gander Mountain had it in Harrisburg last week. If you want to order it, Bass Pro Shops has it in 4 lb. . Hope this helps.
Ken                                          

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.