Author Topic: New Gear! Merry Christmas!  (Read 956 times)

Offline JeBa

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Gear! Merry Christmas!
« on: Dec 18, 2004, 01:37 PM »
I'm from NE CT & new to this excellent forum. Been seriously ice fishing for 20+ years.
I've been using Worth (Frabil) pop-up magnetic tip-ups for years but this season I'll be trying out a few new tip-ups & my first power auger.

Tip-ups: Nor'Easter (FISH307.com)
- I got (3) to add to my collection & try out. They are a larger conventional wood tip-up & more rugged than than the pop-ups & appear to be well made. Hardwood frame, aluminum reel w/drag. However, I am concerned about the reel handles. They are made out of 5/16 dia aluminum rod, but are only attached to the thin wall of the spool by a small headed pin. We''ll see.

Auger: Strikemaster Lazer Mag Xpress 8"
- Thorne Bros (thornebros.com) has an excellent sale $359.99 w/free shipping. How about fuel mixture? I believe it is 24:1. Is this the only fuel mix ratio that should be used? Any recommendations? Does the Strikemaster handsharpener do an adequate job on the blades?

Jeff

Offline dogfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walk softly and carry a big gaff
Re: New Gear! Merry Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2004, 01:44 PM »
Welcome
Sounds like a good set up you have going.  Think Ice
Dogfish
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro.

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Welcome Jeba glad you like the forum ... I recently got a Strikemaster 2000 and in the manual they recommend a 24:1 mixture , i believe that this is the mix they recommend for all there 2hp models ... but i could be wrong ... well anyhow welcome aboard and good fishin' to you

mike
Git - R - Done !!!

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2004, 11:32 PM »
welcome and good luck may you land the biggun

sam001

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2004, 10:04 PM »
Welcome Jeba!  Sounds like a nice set up. I just got some new toys as well. I bought (4) Lewandoski "Glow-in-the-dark" rattle reels and (4) auto jiggers for my shanty from www.fishhousesupply.co m can't wait to use them!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.