Author Topic: Rough Day  (Read 1847 times)

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
Rough Day
« on: Dec 17, 2004, 02:52 PM »
Man what a bad day at work!  First I start the morning off by slipping on some snow covered staging  and twisting my knee. Then at 8:30 wile nailing soffet up over my head, my nail springs off the trim and hits me in the eye, finally coming to rest sticking out of the space between the eye socket and the eye. I was like “#$^$ this is bad” After I yanked it out (yes not smart I know) 5/8” was wet from eye juice. So now I have a sore knee, a sore eye and a burst blood vessel in my eye that looks like somebody popped me one.  Nope not done yet.  1:15 now I am hurrying  to get a  level why a guy holds a slide by door in and I run up a set of stairs forgetting about the staging I set up over it about 15 min earlier. I then slammed my head into the planks and knock my self out. 1:15:08 I wake up. Now my knee hurts, my eye hurts and top it off with a sore neck and  one hell of a head ache.  :'(

So how was your day LOL.
Anthony

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Rough Day
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2004, 03:02 PM »
My day doesn't seem that bad, now that I've read your post.  Hope you heal quick, the ice is on it's way.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2004, 03:08 PM »
Black Phoenix, who drills holes in the ice for you? It can't be you because you'd be dead by now if you ever tried to use an auger. I'll bet you've buried treble hooks into your flesh before ripping lures from the water too fast. Staw away from me.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2004, 03:19 PM »
LOL you are right my man ;D Some days you definetly want to run if you see me coming with anything in my hands.
Anthony

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Cant feel what fingers? You still got fingers?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2004, 03:24 PM »
The doctor called. He said take next week off.  No work at all! Fish till you are well again, then take 5 vacation days and fish some more. ;) That will fix it.
I wish I was in heaven sittin down..........on a 5 gallon pail!

Offline Phoenix

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2004, 03:27 PM »
The only thing you should have in your hand right now black-phoenix is a stiff drink. Jeesh, that was painfull just to read ;D

Fishmon

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2004, 03:37 PM »
Ouch!  A few years ago I worked for a construction company and my boss was posting an report summarizing all job related accidents/injuries and was laughing as he read the report.  Some of the accidents sounded like your day. He was about as accident prone as Chevy Chase which was why we kept him in the trailer rather than out on the jobsite where he could really get hurt.  He took a heavy duty stapler and proceeded to staple his thumb through the report into a bulletin board.  I ended up yanking his thumb off the board and taking him to the emergency room to have the staple taken out of the bone, etc. I went back to the jobsite and posted the report complete with blood all over it with his name in red ink on bottom. 

Later in the summer he went surf casting out on Cape Cod for stripers, and you guessed it - buried a monster rapala in his hand.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2004, 03:44 PM »
well that sucks hope the day gets better for ya

stinky

« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2004, 03:54 PM »
 Just hope his boss has good insurance and a sense of humor. I am not sure I want Black Phonex building a dog house  much less drilling holes on the ice for at least a week. Then have some friends take him for thearapy (on the Ice) for that period of time.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2004, 04:14 PM »
The doctor called. He said take next week off.  No work at all! Fish till you are well again, then take 5 vacation days and fish some more. ;) That will fix it.

man, i got the wrong doctor and black pheonix you carpenters should wear EYE PROTECTION... 8)

Offline Hoppes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2021 Hardwater - Another Maine Super Season
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2004, 04:27 PM »
 black-phoenix,  look on the bright side, could have been much worse!  Several times in the past I had to work with this old guy (engineer from CT).  He was in WWII and had a leg injury, so besides being ederly he walked very, very  slowly.  Guess what, I never jammed my head into obstructions, never tripped on stairs and failed to have the little accidents prone to happen in an industrial environment.  Slow down, take your time.......  so much for preaching...hope you feel better this weekend and take care of that eye guy.  That scared me!!  You are too tolerant of PAIN it sounds to me.  I probably would have given up after the nail in the eye!   ;D  Hang in there, sounds like you used up half of next years bad luck!  Hoppes
Hunting and fishing!  God's gift to mankind
Strike master 40 V Electric
Otter Insulated
2019 Ski Doo Expedition
Jack Traps

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2004, 05:10 PM »
Man I think that you are being jinxed because you havn't been on the ice yet.. You really gotta get out and relax.. By the way slow down... DAMN and I thought I had a rough day...
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2004, 05:42 PM »
Sorry to hear of your troubles.......because I had a great day. First thing this morning I get a call that I was awarded the biggest job that I have ever bid on in my life, won $50.00 on a scatch ticket at lunch time, got home and my told me she had a big surpise for me upstairs.............. ......well that last line should have given you the clue that I'm making this all up. Wives only do that in movies. LOL Hope this gives you a chuckle and you heal up quick.

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 17, 2004, 07:08 PM »
Hehe thanks for making me laugh guys, I'm doing just fine. I took a coupple 3 alives and nothing really hurts too bad any more. I'll be 100% by Monday. My boss is my old man so he is very use to me hurting myself over the years :)  I hear ya slow down, but I only have one speed at work, give me the plans and go like hell. When your the boss's son you have to work harder than everyone else and do a better job if you want to earn there respect. Ignorant but true.

Scott safety glasses?......is that what those are for :)
Anthony

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2004, 07:16 PM »
Try my remedy,

"Honey will you please bring me another beer..." :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Hope this helps...
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 17, 2004, 08:47 PM »
HEY ANT. BOY YOU KEEP THAT UP YOURE NOT GONNA MAKE IT TO JAN. 15!!  MY BRO. STILL HAS YOU BEAT THOUGH. NOT MANY ARE IS AS ACCIDENT PRONE AS HIM. WE CALL HIM "FINGERS" BECAUSE ANYTHING HE TOUCHES HE BREAKS OR HURTS HIMSELF WITH IT!! YOULL SEE WHEN YOU COME UP. ALMOST COMICAL AT TIMES, WHEN HE DOESNT GET HURT BAD.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2004, 09:32 PM »
yeah , you dont want to get anything in you eye while sharpening your pencil!!

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2004, 12:42 AM »
hey your starting to sound like tim alan from when he was in home improvement

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2004, 01:43 AM »
Hope your weekend is better. Boss's kid or not, a body can only take so much of this at one time.  ;)

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.