Author Topic: 3'rd Annual Team CT Outing - Wethersfield Cove - Sun, Jan 23'rd  (Read 11560 times)

Offline WarHamster74

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 3'rd Annual Team CT Outing - Wethersfield Cove - Sun, Jan 16'th
« Reply #60 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:18 PM »
I will be there, might be able to bring some fish that i caught and froze if some one will let me put it on their grill.  :tipup: :icefish: :D

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 07, 2011, 04:29 PM »
Great stuff guys! This is shaping up to be a hell of an event! Very much looking forward to seeing every one again  ;D

Trooper Bri

« Reply #62 on: Jan 07, 2011, 08:00 PM »
Looking forward to it too. My boss and his daughter look like a definite in. So we'll have a couple of transplants from Puerto Rico with us. He claims to be bringing a smaller hibachi style charcoal grill. So I'm guessing he'll have some eats too. We'll see if his daughter has any interest in fishing. Think she's 10 or 11. She can chase some of my flags.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #63 on: Jan 08, 2011, 04:22 PM »
Talked to Gary this afternoon when I got out of work.

It looks like we'll have the schedule and events posted tomorrow guys. One of the goals Gary mentioned was having all the scheduled events over by around noon. This in consideration of the NFL playoff junkies . ;)

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:16 PM »
Did he also mention some AWESOME give aways? Details will be announced tomorrow  ;D

Trooper Bri

« Reply #65 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:38 PM »
I was keeping that under my hat.  ;)

Spanker and I will be down at the shop tomorrow AM for a pre-fish.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 08, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Damn... I'll be on the other cove. What time you guys goin'?

Trooper Bri

« Reply #67 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:21 PM »
We're going to be down at the shop around 6:30. Give him or me a call if you want to hook up.

Offline barn1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:57 AM »
Barn's in with friend. Lookin forward to it.

Offline jigginup20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 09, 2011, 05:51 PM »
gonna try my best to be thier.  would really like to meet some of u guys.

Offline hertzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If some is good, then more is better!
« Reply #70 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:14 PM »
Well, I'm looking forward to it! Never been to the cove. I will have my little grill with me. Will be cooking up burgers and dogs, for those who wants some. I think my boys will be joining me. Showed the pictures of last years event, and they like our chances to catch something. We usually don't! :)  :tipup:
Brute force and ignorance with over come fear and common sense!

Offline gboutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
FREE AUGER and SHELTER RAFFLE
« Reply #71 on: Jan 10, 2011, 01:21 PM »
 :o
We have some pretty cool additions to the days events!  We have decided to hand out FREE RAFFLE TICKETS ON THE ICE (1 per person).  We have two great prizes to raffle off.  The first is a SHappell RV1 single person shelter-sled combo, and the second is a JIFFY POWER AUGER!
No purchase neccessary, but you must be present to win. Raffle and group photo to be held center ice 11:30am.  Fish Fry to follow at 12:30. 
Prior to that, during the morning, we will have ongoing on-ice demonstrations of cool new gear:  Fishfinders like Humminbird, Vexilar, Marcum.  Augers like Jiffy and Strike Master. We hope to have the NEW Jiffy Pro 4 propane auger. And Blaine has agreed to demo/instruct Jigging techniques to anyone interested.  To support this we also have (SOME) Jigging rod and reel combos to give away (yes, for free) to anyone coming over for a demo, while supplies last, first come first serve.
Don't forget to visit the store before hitting the cove and ask for a free dozen small or meduim shiners!!
And while this event is not an official "tournament" we will be weighing and photoing any fish brought over to center ice before NOON, and we'll have gift cards for the people with the three largest fish, any species!
This is shaping up to be an event NOT TO BE MISSED, so tell your friends!  I know for a fact of a number of guys who'll be set up before dawn....
Don't Just Sit There, GET OUT!
gary brummett, owner
Connecticut Outfitters
512 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 06109

Trooper Bri

« Reply #72 on: Jan 10, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Updated!

Gary, you are the MAN! You guys have gone above and beyond generous for CTF events over the years (and these), but I think this is a record for an outing or even a banquet that I can remember! 
Sorry I missed your call today. We're not allowed to have personal phones on the floor. That's why it took a couple hours to get back to you on Saturday too. We were doing a quarterly audit.

I think we're going to have to rename this the Connecticut Outfitters-Team CT Outing next year. ;)

Offline RickC

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:43 PM »
Wow!!! That's awesome Gary  :clap:
Looking forward to this event!!!!

Anyone have GPS numbers for any of the brushpiles??  :roflmao:

See ya all there  :thumbsup:

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:47 PM »
Yes I do...  ;D I have no problem sharing them.  I just have to find some time to get them off my unit for you.

Offline LargeFry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Wow!! CTO rocks!

I already couldn't wait for this but you guys are gonna have me chomping at the bit all week. 

Offline TeikasDad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Bri - add me to the list.  I forgot it's a 3 day weekend so I can fish and still have two days for the other "list"! ;D
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

[img width=200 height=80]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/Trooper-Bri/CTlogofinal2.jpg?t=1228

Offline waltsfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AH-SUNSET -to fish or not to fish what a stupid ?
« Reply #77 on: Jan 11, 2011, 10:47 AM »
looks like snow for sunday , not to mention the foot or so for tonight and tommorrow, we should have a igloo contest

Offline P.Dona

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><((((º> Bring on the ice!!
« Reply #78 on: Jan 11, 2011, 11:26 AM »
 ;D  My brother and his friend built one, and slept in it while we were  camping while ice fishing for 2 nights !
  It was actually pretty warm in there  !! 

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #79 on: Jan 12, 2011, 08:46 AM »
Chances are looking better for me to get there Sunday. I might be able to bring some tea- constant comment is pretty good.

Offline PsychologicalPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Catch and Release (Feel better and less fat)
« Reply #80 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:19 PM »
Myself and my Sister and Father will come on Sunday. :icefish:
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Jan 13, 2011, 01:03 PM »
thndrvlly will be there bringing 3 friends

Trooper Bri

« Reply #82 on: Jan 13, 2011, 05:28 PM »
As stated in the "update" thread, CT Outfitters is going to make the call on the outing tomorrow (Friday) pending conditions of the lot and ice.
The following Sunday the 23'rd is the official "obscene amounts of snow" rain date. If the 23'rd is a wash, I'll simply reschedule it again.
The dates were planned out to accomodate Blaine's work schedule so he could attend. So if we have to fall back on a 3'rd date, we may lose a couple of activities.

Offline 1fishon1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Jan 13, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Im still not sure about making it sunday...i may still have to go in for mandatory overtime :(
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetemp/language/www/US/CT/Newington.gif" alt="Click for Newington, Connecticut Forecast" border="0" height

Offline PsychologicalPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Catch and Release (Feel better and less fat)
« Reply #84 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:52 PM »
I am also bringing Jackyboy and maybe two other friends. Cant wait to hit the ice
Fishing is a sport in which thinking is involved it is the covenant between nature and man, mother and son. Through fishing only can we recreate the link that has been tarnished throughout the existence of the modern era of mankind. Fishing is the answer yet people ignore it and consider it a "stupid" thing to do. What do these people do instead? They stare in front of color changing boxes. Is that life? My life is fishin

Offline gboutdoors

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Jan 14, 2011, 02:38 PM »
The EVENT IS OFFICIALLY POSTPONED UNTIL SUNDAY, JANUARY 23RD. >:(  The town told me they will be clearing the snow from the launch and parking lot sometime in the beginning of next week. (I have spies out there to let me know as soon as it happens.) Anyway, this will hopefully prove to be a better ice event in that the snow will melt a little,, settle a little, and FREEZE A LOT! SO we should have better footing by next week. Sorry to have to postpone, its the last thing we wanted, but that's just the way the winter goes!
Don't Just Sit There, GET OUT!
gary brummett, owner
Connecticut Outfitters
512 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 06109

Offline schaffman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 14, 2011, 03:37 PM »
Damn.   Just my luck, the only Sunday I have to travel this year is the 23rd.   Figures.     I'll be there in spirit.   

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
Re: 3'rd Annual Team CT Outing - Wethersfield Cove - Sun, Jan 23'rd
« Reply #87 on: Jan 14, 2011, 06:14 PM »
Darn. Ah well, I might have to work overtime next Sunday but if not I'll be there.

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #88 on: Jan 14, 2011, 06:32 PM »
Sorry, i'm out now. I'll be up on Northen Champlain fishing for pike that weekend.

Offline omferland

• IceShanty Rookie
  • pic on the way
« Reply #89 on: Jan 15, 2011, 06:56 AM »
Thanks for the update on the change in date.  I can understand why they couldn't plow it out sooner, the guys have been working 3 days straight to clear the snow in town. Hopefully the Jan 23rd date won't keep folks away....I'll be going to Gardner Lake today and tomorrow, it's only 1/2 mile from home....Great walleye fishing after sundown, (6pm till 6am)....See all next week...all check the weather I thing more (noreasterly) forcasted for next Fri.......M

NEW INFO:  Just returned from a trip around the block.  Unless you have a high rise vehicle 10+ forget Gardner Lake.  The entrance road is covered with snow 12+ inches, a few guys with 4WD trucks were able to get in, I was able to get as far as the top of the parking area.  Only 4 guys on the ice and ice is covered with wind blown snow, and a few spots with slush..  The snow on the ice is placing a lot of pressure on the ice pack.  When you drill a hole, step back quickly, a gusher of water  from the pressure caused by the weight of the snow will make you move quickly.  I didn't stay and decided to go over to Red Cedar Lake, also only about 1 mile from home.  There are about 6 guys out on the ice, access is much better, however, there is only enough parking for 5 vehicles.  Snow cover is again like Gardner with wind blown snow, but much more comfortable pulling a sled.  I plan to go out on Red Cedar early tomorrow...Red Cedar has large Bass, and a lot of perch and the occasional chain pickrel...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.