Author Topic: x67 with skimmer transducer  (Read 3184 times)

Offline onabucket

• IceShanty Rookie
x67 with skimmer transducer
« on: Nov 19, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Cabelas is selling the x67 with a portable power pack. I think the pack is the same one mentioned in another current thread that Islander posted in this section of the forum.  I am confused about a couple of things though: 1) It is described as an x67, NOT an X67c Ice Machine, but Cabelas is selling it in their ice sonar section.  2) It has a Skimmer Transducer, not the bullet style that comes with the x67c Ice Machine I've seen elsewhere.  Can anyone shed some light on these issues?  Thoughts . . . ? 

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: x67 with skimmer transducer
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2010, 04:22 PM »
Might be best to call Cabela's and get a tech to tell you more. Be sure to ask if it's in color.

Tom        ;)

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2010, 05:55 PM »
I believe that is the boat model. That is what is nice about them ,you can use it on open water to. The ice pack is about $60
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline reddot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2010, 09:09 PM »
x67 is not color.  x67c is color.  the one on cabelas site comes with skimmer transducer.  this will work on hard water if you rig a mount for transducer.  I did it last season and it does work..  Or pick up an ice transducer for it.  I did that for this season.

Offline onabucket

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2010, 12:15 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, that was exactly what I wanted to know.  I think I want to get the color unit with the Ice machine setup, so this particular setup is probably not for me.

Offline double trouble

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2010, 04:56 PM »
 It is color!

Lowrance X 67 with Portable Power Pack
Change Currency: USD Currency: USD

Regular Price:
    $299.99

Qty: Item: IK-021442

View All Restrictions That May Apply

In-Store Pick UpThis item is available to ship FREE to a store for pick-up. Learn More
Description Customer Reviews (0)
LOWRANCE
Lowrance X 67 with Portable Power Pack

* Striking 3-1/2"- diagonal, sunlight-readable 256-color active matrix TFT display for superior detail
    * 320 x 240-pixel display
    * 800 watts peak-to-peak power with depth to 600 ft.
    * 200kHz SkimmerŪ transducer
    * One-year warranty
    * Portable Ice Pack

When the game is over Both the king and pawn both go back in the same box.

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2010, 10:19 PM »
The ice ducer is about $80. I strongly recommend it over trying to balance a skimmer. If you by the Ice Machine pack it is the same price or cheaper than this Cabelas pack and you can buy the skimmer transducer for like $40 and have both for less. I've also heard several negative reviews of the Cabelas soft bag, that is it way to small for the unit. And yes it is in color. The is not X67, only an X67c. I do recommend this Lowrance it is a great unit of ice and boat.
Photobucket can suck it

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2010, 10:35 PM »
After looking at Cabelas web site. I would call and make sure what transducer comes with it. It is for sale in the ice fishing section with a skimmer 'ducer? The new "portable power pack" is sold separately with ice 'ducer. It may just be a typo like x67. Scratch what I said about the Cabelas bag. I guess they don't sell that anymore.
Photobucket can suck it

Offline amcmullen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I may be obsessed...
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2010, 07:22 PM »
To chime in, I went to Cabelas yesterday and picked up their "Ice machine"  combo.  As was previously mentioned they do not have their Cabelas kit on their website this year.  However they do have the new and improved Lowrance kit online(improved carry bag).  If you have the opportunity to go to a Cabelas they still sell their version...Kinda.  You basically have to pick each item off of their shelves and they give you the kit price. They  do still sell their bag, after reading AlgaeKilla's comment I'm kind of nervous, hope it fits.

BE CAREFUL.  Make sure none of the items are on sale.  I picked up the kit for $272 because the transducer (ice ducer) and unit were on sale, I basically paid for each item separately .  If I would have purchased this as a kit it would have been $299 (and some of their employees will not catch it).

Thank you to all who posted about the X67c, this site really helped me decide on this model for an 'all seasons' fish finder.
I'm cold and I like it

Offline AdamT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2010, 07:07 PM »
I bought a used x67 with the Cabelas bag and it is a little snug, but it's never been an issue. It closes up just fine, I only wish that it were a little larger so I could use it as a sunshade.

Adam

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2010, 10:13 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it, man. I have the Lowrance bag and never close it. Matter of fact I drilled new mounting holes to move the monitor and added a Ram mount for my GPS so the bag can't close.
Photobucket can suck it

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2010, 02:37 AM »
Careful with that whirlie wheel mode - makes me list to one side and fall off my ice stool. The chart mode is loaded with so much more useful info and easy to set or modify to changing conditions.

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2010, 04:31 PM »
AlgeaKiller, is that a Vexilar float on your Lowrance IceDucer?   :o

Offline AdamT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2010, 10:08 PM »
I use a Vex float on mine, highly recommended.

Adam

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.