The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Pre-season training  (Read 599 times)

Offline MoreTroutPls

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pre-season training
« on: Nov 19, 2010, 08:24 AM »
It's almost time to start ice fishing, so let's get ready. Let's do a pre-season dry run of the first trip.

Here's the routine.

1.  Set alarm for 2 hours before daylight.  Get dressed.  Gotta be on the ice and set up at first light!
2.  Make coffee and breakfast.  Let dog out.
3.  Load gear in car.  Dang, really should have done that before going to bed.  Pour a cup of coffee to drink on way to pond.
4.  Leave for pond.
5.  Whoops, forgot flasher, go back to house for flasher.  Let dog back in house - at least her barking didn't seem to wake all the neighbors. 
6.  Get to pond. No ice yet, go back to house.  Drink some coffee and eat breakfast that you left cooking on stove.  Note that the bacon is really crispy. 
7.  Unload gear from car. 
8.  Change into work clothes.
9.  Go to work.  The boss is surprised when you show up really early, but does note that you haven't shaved.
10. While having your third cup of coffee you realize that you need to find your auger for the next training session.  It's probably behind the leaf blower.

Not bad, a little better than last year.  but I know that I will still forget something on my first trip.   ;D
Everyone has to believe in something.  I believe I'll go fishing.
Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pre-season training
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2010, 08:48 AM »
It's almost time to start ice fishing, so let's get ready. Let's do a pre-season dry run of the first trip.

Here's the routine.

1.  Set alarm for 2 hours before daylight.  Get dressed.  Gotta be on the ice and set up at first light!
2.  Make coffee and breakfast.  Let dog out.
3.  Load gear in car.  Dang, really should have done that before going to bed.  Pour a cup of coffee to drink on way to pond.
4.  Leave for pond.
5.  Whoops, forgot flasher, go back to house for flasher.  Let dog back in house - at least her barking didn't seem to wake all the neighbors. 
6.  Get to pond. No ice yet, go back to house.  Drink some coffee and eat breakfast that you left cooking on stove.  Note that the bacon is really crispy. 
7.  Unload gear from car. 
8.  Change into work clothes.
9.  Go to work.  The boss is surprised when you show up really early, but does note that you haven't shaved.
10. While having your third cup of coffee you realize that you need to find your auger for the next training session.  It's probably behind the leaf blower.

Not bad, a little better than last year.  but I know that I will still forget something on my first trip.   ;D

that's some funny stuff right there.
just a sidenote.  i did see some skim ice on the puddles this morning so don't abandon your routine just yet.

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2010, 10:00 AM »
Really funny Charley I wish it was that easy, Donavan won't let me Out of the house without him. :whistle: :whistle:
I don't always Ice Fish,but when I do I always use Indian Hill Traps Stay safe my friends
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline tipupman123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2010, 11:25 AM »
the pool cover in Leicester MA at my house still has a skim coat of ice on it at 1215 the fire pit has a solid 3/4ths of an inch still

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Charley...you kill me  ;D ;D Let's plan on spending some time on the ice this year ,,,,was nice seeing you again at Bucks

Offline Stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just a kid until the end.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2010, 05:32 PM »
You  get the "Best Laugh of the Day" award.  WTG!!!!!
Member of the GODs, the Grumpy Old Dudes, "We're off our rockers."

Offline jtk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2010, 07:29 PM »
my pre season traing was pulling full tarps up a huge hill at work the other day. getting ready to pull the sled.
"give a man a fish and he will eat for the day. teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Offline Bigbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2010, 03:27 PM »
 Augar starts and new blades , back up augar works, oil gas mix 2 gallons
 old traps are ready to go, new trap are ready.
 old  shanty clean and new shanty ready.
 suits grey and blue suits ready.
 200 golden,200 suckers ,200 dace ready to go. plus Xtra special bait 25   
 Vaction time put in two week in Dec and five weekends for grand total of 50 days off Dec,Jan,Feb  ;D
 food ,drinks, gear and toilet paper.ready  ???
 Left to do put boats away next weekend 2 last black fish trips and wait for ice.  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.