The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: accu-weather predicting a major cold snap in the works  (Read 1679 times)

Offline spcantwell

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Salmon Egg Studios
 AccuWeather.com long-range expert meteorologist, Joe *****i stated weeks ago, "The period from Thanksgiving to Christmas will be the coldest of the winter, relative to normal, in the eastern U.S."

lets hope this remains on track,  but you know how well they predict the weather for later this afternoon  :-\

Offline IcePirate6

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flaggg!!!
Re: accu-weather predicting a major cold snap in the works
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2010, 01:45 PM »
Joe better be right this time.... I am about ready to buy a bunch of inflatable tubes , put my tip ups in them and let them float around the lake. Just hang out in the canoe till a flag goes up.

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Joe better be right this time.... I am about ready to buy a bunch of inflatable tubes , put my tip ups in them and let them float around the lake. Just hang out in the canoe till a flag goes up.

Just use pipe insulation. I saw a video Blaine did and it worked well.

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2010, 02:01 PM »
jes thats hunting season. can't it wait till christmas?

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2010, 06:52 AM »
You have a busy schedule Billy. But I dont think we will be on the ice before x-mas. But if we are,Im sure you will find the time to make a quick trip.

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2010, 06:54 AM »
You have a busy schedule Billy. But I dont think we will be on the ice before x-mas. But if we are,Im sure you will find the time to make a quick trip.

I definately plan to be on the ice before Christmas......but it will require a New Hampshire License and a 2 1/2 hour drive North!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2010, 09:10 AM »
I definately plan to be on the ice before Christmas......but it will require a New Hampshire License and a 2 1/2 hour drive North!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on 4 inches of ice on December 14th last year. Three different ponds, even.  No need to go to New Hampshire!

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline bojango

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2010, 12:50 AM »
15 day frecast says nov 24-29 highs in the low-mid 30's and lows in the teens and low 20's! Ice by dec 1st!

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2010, 10:26 AM »
15 day frecast says nov 24-29 highs in the low-mid 30's and lows in the teens and low 20's! Ice by dec 1st!

As long as it's not windy. We would have had ice around me a week earlier last year if it hadn't been so windy. I think it got a lot of oxygen into the water, though. Didn't seem like the fish slowed down at all.

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2010, 01:10 PM »
I was on the ice last year the Week before Christmas on 4-5" of clear SOLID black ice.
Managed to jig up a couple trout and a few pikerel.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline capedeer/fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2010, 01:54 PM »

This sounds great! :tipup:

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:50 PM »
I was on the ice last year the Week before Christmas on 4-5" of clear SOLID black ice.
Managed to jig up a couple trout and a few pikerel.

That first ice was awesome last year. I found weed edges I never knew were there!

Offline bojango

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:51 AM »
so much for early ice. All those days that were supposed to be in the 30's are now forecasted for upper 40's and 50's

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 18, 2010, 01:05 PM »
I was on 4 inches of ice on December 14th last year. Three different ponds, even.  No need to go to New Hampshire!

i'll be there hopefully with joser06. gotta keep the tradition of 1st and last. i'll bring the noreasta's, the new spud and the pfd.

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 18, 2010, 01:11 PM »
i'll be there hopefully with joser06. gotta keep the tradition of 1st and last. i'll bring the noreasta's, the new spud and the pfd.

This weather keeps up.....I'll bring the boat ;D ;D

Offline Joser06

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig
« Reply #15 on: Nov 18, 2010, 04:18 PM »

Oh you guys, I WILL be there! Scott is your place still hiring?

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2010, 05:02 PM »

there u are. welcome back justin. i knew i would get your attention and i didn't even have to say peril. how did u guys do on the fishing boat? are they still fishing?

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #17 on: Nov 18, 2010, 05:48 PM »
It's coming guys, i spent the day putting up these signs at work today. The state mandates it at all park's as a CYA policy.

Offline Joser06

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig
« Reply #18 on: Nov 18, 2010, 11:02 PM »
there u are. welcome back justin. i knew i would get your attention and i didn't even have to say peril. how did u guys do on the fishing boat? are they still fishing?

Boats are all done now and it was a great season. been doing a lot of hunting though as work is alldone now.

Offline masspike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 19, 2010, 11:43 PM »
call 911 if there is safe ice
a bad day of fishing....is better than a good day @ work

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:01 PM »

Checked my notebook from last year, I was on good ice the 14th, and the 21st you guys came with me. I think it will be earlier this year, though. Cold nights, and the days are getting colder.

I think they might be looking for one more guy. Give me a call sometime and we'll talk. It's not really a job for just anyone, but I bet you can hack it there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.