Author Topic: Anyone interested in a Anchorage area get together?  (Read 8203 times)

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Anyone interested in a Anchorage area get together?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 18, 2010, 07:22 PM »
2 birds one stone. How many are going to the valley AOD party on Dec 1st?

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/89452-Valley-get-together-of-Alaska-Outdoors-members-on-Wednesday-12-1-–-You-re-invited!
Maybe we can get a carpool from Anc to Was?

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 18, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Need some details but it sounds good to me.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Nov 19, 2010, 02:46 AM »
The info is at the hyperlink above. I should be able to seat 4 people. No puking in the truck! ;)

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 19, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Sounds good to me.  Mabey we could get a little fishing in before hand if anyone is interested.  Mabey Nancy lake.  I am open to suggestions.

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Nov 19, 2010, 04:16 PM »
Wed would be a tough sell for me, I'll see what I can do.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Nov 19, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Leave around 4PM back around 9PM.

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 01, 2010, 01:59 AM »
Tomorrow night it is. I may be able to give a couple people rides. Truck holds 4 adults. Hope to leave by 4 back at a reasonable time. Lemme know.
Mike

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 01, 2010, 02:24 AM »
Tomorrow night it is. I may be able to give a couple people rides. Truck holds 4 adults. Hope to leave by 4 back at a reasonable time. Lemme know.
Mike

Hey Mike,

Wife left on monday to be with her mom during a complicated surgery. Hope y'all have a great time............It'll have to be next time for me.

BTW a Lake Louise trip sounds like a great time, would be good testing water for my new Vex too! Closer to home, maybe Nancy Lake for slimers?

Offline Hunt_N_Pike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 02, 2010, 10:08 PM »
Sorry I missed it fellas working night shift this week.  >:(

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 02, 2010, 11:39 PM »
Hey Mike,

Wife left on monday to be with her mom during a complicated surgery. Hope y'all have a great time............It'll have to be next time for me.

BTW a Lake Louise trip sounds like a great time, would be good testing water for my new Vex too! Closer to home, maybe Nancy Lake for slimers?

I don't know much about Nancy when it comes to ice fishing. I know where I go in the spring as it is where I go to run my boat while Louise is still iced in. This weekend looks bad due to weather. We will have to see.

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 03, 2010, 12:19 AM »
I'm counting on the bad weather.  It seems like the worse it is the more pike I catch.

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #41 on: Dec 07, 2010, 07:16 PM »
i was gonna go to the AOD deal, but had the chance to work and took it.  if something else comes up for a meet and greet count me in. ill bring beer
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:11 PM »
i was gonna go to the AOD deal, but had the chance to work and took it.  if something else comes up for a meet and greet count me in. ill bring beer
Jake,
  It was brought up that I have never spent New Years at the cabin. I would bet that at least a few people would have a decent amount of time off for it. I have a huge pile of wood out front and can get more pretty easily.
Mike

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:14 PM »
I think I was planning to be up there all week any how so count me in.  I'll start walkin now so I get there by then.

Offline trekk202

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish Head
« Reply #44 on: Dec 08, 2010, 01:23 AM »
I also have plans to be up there at that time, and whether he likes it or not, I do have AKhardwaters cell phone...  :)  I would like to get up the cabin on LL before then, but I know I will be up for new years so I would look forward to catching up with some of you.

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 08, 2010, 03:43 PM »
I should be up for that Mike, by then my ear should be well healed.  I might hafta car pool with someone though to split gas. got 3 extra seats.

Offline trekk202

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish Head
« Reply #46 on: Dec 08, 2010, 04:38 PM »
The trip during New Years will include my family, so I will be packed with little ones and such.  However, I would sure like to make it up there as much as possible this year and doing some pooling with whomever is interested would definitely make it more accessable.  Talking about it with AKhardwater it seems like it could work out for a few of us.  Let me know!

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:02 PM »
Seeing how I'm laid off I will probably try and get out there the day after Xmas if I can.  Does anyone know if you can get a 2011 licence before the 1st.  I think you can.  You will defiantly need one if you plan on fishing new years day.

Offline ALASKANASSASIN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Seeing how I'm laid off I will probably try and get out there the day after Xmas if I can.  Does anyone know if you can get a 2011 licence before the 1st.  I think you can.  You will defiantly need one if you plan on fishing new years day.

Yeah, they are available.  We always do ours on-line.  That way you can print off a temporary one right then until yours comes in the mail. 8)
"If your not the LEAD DOG, the view never changes....."

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Call John at Lake Louise Lodge. He sells licenses!

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Perfect thanks guys.

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:28 PM »
You boys be prepared for the weather we went up one year and it was -54 at the lodge we were at the shacks fishing. It was so cold i put my knee on the seat of my snowmachine and the leather splintered...No joke

Offline arcticat500

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I fish, therefore I'm broke...and hungry!
« Reply #52 on: Dec 08, 2010, 11:34 PM »
I'm wanting to head up there the week after New Years.  My wife will be back in town on mid-tour from Korea, and I got the green light from "she who must be obeyed" to roll out for an overnight up there.  I've never been to the lake, but assume that if the lodge sells license this time of year, a guy could probably get a room there then too?  I know it's gonna be colder than all get out, and I'll be on foot, so a hot shower and a bed would be nice at the end of a day on the ice!

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Dec 09, 2010, 01:56 AM »
I'm wanting to head up there the week after New Years.  My wife will be back in town on mid-tour from Korea, and I got the green light from "she who must be obeyed" to roll out for an overnight up there.  I've never been to the lake, but assume that if the lodge sells license this time of year, a guy could probably get a room there then too?  I know it's gonna be colder than all get out, and I'll be on foot, so a hot shower and a bed would be nice at the end of a day on the ice!

Hot showers, bed, "she who must be obeyed"..... are you sure you want to ice fish with these sourdoughs? LMAO!!! You might get a ribbing about these comments! Some of the hardcores go out for several days, dry camp in Eskimos and fish all day/night. Just sayin~

Get your license in town if possible. They should have them anytime if not already. Lake Louise Lodge and Wolverine have rooms. LL is cleaner and more expensive. Wolverine is more reasonable and the people that frequent it have more charactor!

The weather will have to be seen. It was 17 above and foggy last weekend both days. That is really nice weather!

Do you have a wheeler? Only 12 inches of snow right now. The trails are packed. You can go many places. Just stay on the packed trails.

Mike

Offline arcticat500

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:22 AM »
Thanks Dirt!  I can take the ribbin, no worries there!  The "She who must be obeyed" :nono: is what I always call her, yet seldom do!  17 is way nice, and if that is what the temp is, your right an overnight in the portable is not an issue.  I was thinking more along the lines of -30 or colder.  My bad back and shoulder don't handle the cold well!  I do have a wheeler, but now lack the trailer to haul it.  Didn't think through the truck topper purchase in advance.  Might see what the neighbor might let me borrow! 

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 09, 2010, 05:48 PM »
I don't want to sound to mean but does your wife bait your hooks for you. ;D

Offline arcticat500

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 09, 2010, 07:21 PM »

HELL NO! :roflmao:  But if I could get her to do it, I'd let her!  She went ice fishing with me once back in Michigan.  She vowed to never do it again!  We drove to the lake, and I didn't hesitate to keep driving out onto the ice.  Ever see a woman claw through glass? :woot:  Fairly amusing from my perspective!  My old man had a perm shack out there so I went through the motions of setting up.  The ice was making some spectacular noise that day, which was the end of her experience!  She just doesn't do the fishing gig!

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:11 PM »

I warned him..... but that is funny! LMAO!!!!

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #58 on: Dec 11, 2010, 07:03 PM »
hehehe good one. Ill second the statement about the lodges, Wolverine is way better in my opinion. One nite we got there super late, like 1:30am, and Tree waited up for us and made us some badass burgers! Try to get that service at LL lodge and youll get shot down. Always a fun time at Wolverine.  Mike Im really plannin on being up there for new years now. I fish a quickfish 6 and ill have an extra heater. Also Ill most likely be on foot, so if any of you have a machine, maybe youll take pity on me when you see me pullin my overloaded sled by hand and give me a ride? Can you drive a truck on the lake?

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Dec 11, 2010, 07:41 PM »
hehehe good one. Ill second the statement about the lodges, Wolverine is way better in my opinion. One nite we got there super late, like 1:30am, and Tree waited up for us and made us some badass burgers! Try to get that service at LL lodge and youll get shot down. Always a fun time at Wolverine.  Mike Im really plannin on being up there for new years now. I fish a quickfish 6 and ill have an extra heater. Also Ill most likely be on foot, so if any of you have a machine, maybe youll take pity on me when you see me pullin my overloaded sled by hand and give me a ride? Can you drive a truck on the lake?

Tree takes good care of me too!

I wouldn't drive a truck out there. Not because it is not safe ice. Because when the snow conditions are right, you will be hellishly stuck up to the floor pan waiting for some really cold weather to get it back on top.

I will let you know if and when I am going. Maybe we can work out a way to get you where you need to go.

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.