Author Topic: Auger storage on sled  (Read 11486 times)

P Gottshall

Auger storage on sled
« on: Dec 09, 2004, 12:06 PM »
Here's how I load my hand-auger on my ice-sled:

This will:
1) keep the auger from tearing the tent.
2) keep the auger out of your way.
3) ensure when I move I didn't leave the auger on the ice.
4) cost about $2.

On my Fish Trap Scout, the tent folds right over, & there's no interference.

Check out other ideas I've been accumulating - http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=15334.0

Good luck,
Paul

Offline The Muddler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27" Bulltrout
Re: Auger storage on sled
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2004, 12:20 PM »
That ice anchor is good unless it cold outside at which time you'll have PVC frozen into the ice everywhere.  I used scrap would to do the same thing but still ended up having to leave some rope in the ice.  I've got an idea for a simple anchor that shouldn't require drilling right through the ice.  If it works I'll post pics.
I fish therefore I AM!

Offline The Muddler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27" Bulltrout
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2004, 12:20 PM »
Would = Wood  ::)  Had a little Brain fart ;D
I fish therefore I AM!

P Gottshall

« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2004, 12:25 PM »
Muddler,

It doesn't get cold in IL anyway. . .  I wish it would, but it's in the 40's, again. . .

Paul

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2004, 12:30 PM »
If you're going to drill holes in the ice PLEASE, drill them all the way through at the end of the day. We don't need any broken ankles or flipped machines due to stepping/driving in a hole. Thanks.
Pete Lewis

Offline The Muddler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 27" Bulltrout
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2004, 12:58 PM »
Flipped machines!  How big a hole do you drill?! :o  Filling holes is certainly a good idea though.
I fish therefore I AM!

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2004, 01:11 PM »
I had a buddy catch a tire in a 10" hole one time. He was sliding sideways,the tire caught the hole and a$$ over teakettle he went.
Pete Lewis

Offline b1ak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2004, 02:34 PM »
ANYONE GOT A NIFTY WAY TO HANG A "POWER-AUGER" ON A PLASTIC SIMILAR SLED?

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2004, 04:41 PM »

One of the main reasons I purchased the Medium otter sled over the other sizes was the fact that I could lay my power auger inside it.  Once the rest of the gear is loaded, I pop on the cover and off I go.  I have never had anything lost or damaged thanks to the size of this sled and the fact that it is covered.

I know this doesn't help if you already own a sled that is too small to fit the auger in, but for those of you who are contemplating a new sled purchase, give some thought as to what you would like to fit inside before deciding on a size. ;)

No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2004, 04:09 AM »

One of the main reasons I purchased the Medium otter sled over the other sizes was the fact that I could lay my power auger inside it.  Once the rest of the gear is loaded, I pop on the cover and off I go.  I have never had anything lost or damaged thanks to the size of this sled and the fact that it is covered.

I know this doesn't help if you already own a sled that is too small to fit the auger in, but for those of you who are contemplating a new sled purchase, give some thought as to what you would like to fit inside before deciding on a size. ;)

I have to agree. I like my auger totally contained in the sled. I did however make brackets out of wood to support my auger in my old sled and then used bungee's to tie it down. I made 3 brackets. One to support the powerhead and 2 for the screw. It seemed to work well.

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline pleasureseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2010, 01:34 PM »

I have to agree. I like my auger totally contained in the sled. I did however make brackets out of wood to support my auger in my old sled and then used bungee's to tie it down. I made 3 brackets. One to support the powerhead and 2 for the screw. It seemed to work well.
You don't have any pics of this, do you?  I'm trying to figure out how to secure the auger that Santa might bring in my plastic sled.  Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.