Author Topic: Bringing the wife!  (Read 2069 times)

surflizard

Re: Bringing the wife!
« Reply #30 on: Sep 15, 2010, 06:49 AM »
I know I'm braggin a little, Okay a lot !! But I can't help it, her enthusiasm for this wonderful pastime, we call ice fishing is contagious for me, I gotta share it with someone !  ;D  And who knows, If she becomes Famous like Dave Gentz, maybe I can retire early and icefish full time !!  ;)2  :whistle:   :roflmao:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Sep 15, 2010, 08:10 AM »
Very nicely done fellers! Anyone take their wife ice fishin' on their "first date" too!  ;)

Offline icerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If your bobbers gone put on another one
« Reply #32 on: Sep 15, 2010, 09:40 AM »
No, gambooler not icefishing, but I did take my wife soft water fishing, on a chain of lakes in Minnesota.  We were hiding in the "boonies" wink, wink ;) ;) We caught some fish too.  ;D I knew she was a keeper.

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Sep 15, 2010, 02:46 PM »
I guess I am the wife, new to ice fishing 2 years ago. I started going with my fiance. I loved to fish but never went icefishing. He got me hooked, and we love to go out together and fish. Last year we even spilt a new shanty, this year we are getting an auger. I even bought a vexilar! Talk about dedication!

Thing is, and I dont mean to sound overly agressive, but did you ever think your wife doesnt want to go with you so she can have girl time?

Being with your s/o is great, but you dont always have to be glued hip to hip. There is sometimes when I dont want to go only becuase it is going to be a "guy" weekend, and I hate to say it, but sometimes you guys are overly agressive with hunting/fishing.

And you may find a new fishing buddy that you like to "hang" with more than the guys.
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline bogmanjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't Tread on Me.
« Reply #34 on: Sep 15, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Not ice fishing but My first date with my bride was surf fishing for striper's on Cape Cod. We hammered the fish that's when I knew she was a "keeper".

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: Sep 15, 2010, 09:00 PM »
I couldn't get my wife to walk on the ice so I know there is no way she will ever go unless
I tell her about the  2x4 trick! ;)
Fish on!

Offline beerbellybob106

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Sep 16, 2010, 09:56 AM »
cant say i have a wife but my girlfriend loves going ice fishing with me. she has her own set of laker tip ups and she knows how to set them and everything.  all i have to do is drill the holes for her. its awesome to have a girl who loves doing all these things not to mention in the summer she is addicted to crappie fishing and loves eating them too.

Offline chris3303

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Sep 16, 2010, 11:15 AM »
I agree with encouraging her to go also. If shes the outdoor type and likes it all the better. She'll understand more when you wanna drop a bunch of coin on fishing supplies. I had this fear sometime back and was worried that it would interfere with guy time also. Sometimes what ends up happening is your buddies call and say their wife wont let them go fishing and they have to stay home and get work done around the house. In your case, your wife will be there and say "Hey, lets hit the ice".

lael19533

« Reply #38 on: Sep 16, 2010, 11:27 AM »
cant say i have a wife but my girlfriend loves going ice fishing with me. she has her own set of laker tip ups and she knows how to set them and everything.  all i have to do is drill the holes for her. its awesome to have a girl who loves doing all these things not to mention in the summer she is addicted to crappie fishing and loves eating them too.

Surf let me try my hand at the auger too,but It was bigger than me and threw me across the ice like a whirl wind!(I got a 8.5 for style and grace-and a 9 for trying.)Think I will let the big guy do the holes from now on! ;) safer that way for all involved.Did I mention the day I set my pant leg on fire from the Mr heater?never mind......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.