The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363767 times)

Offline FishinBill

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #2100 on: Jan 05, 2013, 04:25 PM »
WOOHOOO!!! Tried her today to see if it would start and no problems. Looks like I'll be taking my buddy and his little girl out to the trout pond tomorrow. Today was her birthday so it was hair and nails with mom, tomorrow it would be ice and slime  ;D. Bringing lots of snacks and with the tent she'll have fun watching the trout swim by and bite.

Thanks again Rebelss

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2101 on: Jan 05, 2013, 04:28 PM »
You're very much welcome, Bill!!! Happy it worked!!! Guess after rebuilding engines since the 70's I should be able to diagnose something!!!  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2102 on: Jan 05, 2013, 07:02 PM »
Well this week I finally got my MOE out for the first time since I got last year and had no ice.  It ran great and has drilled a lot holes for me in the search for fish.  I am glad I made this purchase and now for some success in the catching would be the only thing to make it better.
<br />

Offline tomd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2103 on: Jan 07, 2013, 12:45 PM »
Got a Mako on the way, will be my first gas auger, can't wait to drill some holes!

Offline icefishindude99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2104 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:08 PM »
just fired up my new mako43 this past saturday  its my first power auger runs great cant wait to get on the ice with it

Offline bait trap

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Original Iceshanty Join date Feb 2004. FRESHBAIT
UH!!!OH!!!! I need to find a new recoil spring for my 8600
« Reply #2105 on: Jan 08, 2013, 05:48 PM »
Hopefully some of my fellow "MO"  owners out there can help me find a new recoil spring for my model 8600.  I knew it was getting week, but hoped it'd last. Went todo the weekly startup and the spring broke.  I tried redneck engineering a new looped end but spring broke in the middle thus time.
Checkin traps and making sure there's FRESHBAIT!!!
[

Offline Hookset1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2106 on: Jan 09, 2013, 12:10 AM »
Mako 43 cc for 269.99 OR Shark 51cc for 339.99 ?? I've never used an eskimo. Whats the scoop on these units?? Figured this was the place to ask.
[img width=138 height=80]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/beeverfishing/ezgif.com-add-text_zpsa78bhyrc.gif[/img

Offline bait trap

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Original Iceshanty Join date Feb 2004. FRESHBAIT
« Reply #2107 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:52 AM »
Eskimo augers are great!! cut super fast.  eng size depends on size of hole you wanta drill.  if a 10" then 51cc and above.  if only 6-8" then the 43 or 51.  Go big you won't be dissapointed.  z71 all the way. 
Checkin traps and making sure there's FRESHBAIT!!!
[

Offline mjmeyer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2108 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:30 PM »
My buddy just bought a stingray yesterday... i got one last year he called me and said his gas cap is not vented like mine... so he called eskimo and they told him  they went to this new gas cap no need to be vented!!!,, any ideas on what they changed that it dont need vented??? mine wont even start till i vent it!!! just wandering if you guys had any ideas on what the difference is from one year to the next!!! i love my stingray but the gas cap has been a problem since i bought it, leaked, broke, seal was bad, this is the third gas cap ive gone through in a year!!! thanks guys for your input its appreciated!!!!!     D.T.
I emailed Eskimo and inquired about the new unvented cap to see if it would fit my Stingray as I have had problems with it leaking from the vent also. I got a response last night that the newer "self-vented" cap will indeed fit and is $4.95 +S&H. It is part # 11936, not currently available online as the system does not recognize this number. Call 1-800-345-6007 A slight wrinkle is that the minimum order is $10. I added a six pack of the oil to beef up my order. My new cap will arrive in a few days.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2109 on: Jan 10, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Has anyone adjusted the mixture on z71?
There is one screw on the top of the carb covered with the orange cup. I took it off and there is another plastic thing which looks like some kind of a stopper.
I just don’t want any plastic to break when I try to remove it, does it slide off easy?

My z71 seems to run a bit rich, black plug, some more smoke than I expect, starts with no choke at -20C and dies if I give it any choke, I also think it has more power in it than it shows now.
It does start every time though and drill s all right (71cc is enough power to drill even if it's not at optimum IMHO), but I want it to be perfect. I am also ~ 3000 ft above sea level, maybe it's why it's a bit on a rich side
I use 1:50 "viper" oil in premium (ethanol free) gas in it with seafoam, so gas should be ok.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2110 on: Jan 10, 2013, 03:51 PM »
I have a 4 year old Eskimo Stingray thats having a problem running.  Its always been a one pull machine and never had a problem befor.  It starts but won't stay running.  Im thinking it might be an air leak.  Any thoughts?

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2111 on: Jan 10, 2013, 09:23 PM »
Never mind - I'm good now

Offline bassinny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2112 on: Jan 12, 2013, 07:07 PM »
Tried my new mako out today I was very impressed with it,wish I had bought it sooner

Offline Mricefish20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2113 on: Jan 15, 2013, 09:18 AM »
just bought a mako 43cc 81/4 inch blade coming in on friday what oil do you run it with and what grade of gas my first gas auger??? thanks all

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2114 on: Jan 15, 2013, 09:38 AM »
I use regular gas, 87 OCTANE, Stihl oil, and 2 ounces of Seafoam to a gallon of gas to help protect from Ethanol damage, it eats seals and gaskets and gums up carbs.

Offline tomd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2115 on: Jan 16, 2013, 02:06 PM »
Got my Mako yesterday, today i gassed it up, primed til fuel was in the line and it popped off first pull so put it at half choke and pulled again and ran like a champ!  Will be taking it fishing this evening!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2116 on: Jan 16, 2013, 02:46 PM »
just bought a mako 43cc 81/4 inch blade coming in on friday what oil do you run it with and what grade of gas my first gas auger??? thanks all

Very important to do the proper procedure the first time you run a new auger. Here is a link to a PROs advice.

Scroll down to Reply # 957.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=152698.940

Offline tomd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2117 on: Jan 17, 2013, 12:34 AM »
Took it out on the ice, started no problem and drilled holes with ease!  Very happy with my Mako!

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #2118 on: Jan 22, 2013, 06:27 PM »
The fish are bitin and my eskimo is the only way to go. Went up north for a week with two jiffy owners and my MO. Good thing I was there or we would not have had holes. They both broke down and MO took over, drilling roughly 40 holes a day no problem.

What a great auger. I tried telling my most difficult friend this, he........being so difficult decided to buy the Ion.............I guess we will see MO rise to the top again when his battery dies. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2119 on: Jan 23, 2013, 07:02 AM »
RRRRRRR!!! Go show 'em, Vexie!!!  ;D :flex:

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #2120 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:22 AM »
The fish are bitin and my eskimo is the only way to go. Went up north for a week with two jiffy owners and my MO. Good thing I was there or we would not have had holes. They both broke down and MO took over, drilling roughly 40 holes a day no problem.

What a great auger. I tried telling my most difficult friend this, he........being so difficult decided to buy the Ion.............I guess we will see MO rise to the top again when his battery dies. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

His Ion is a "Mo".
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #2121 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:29 AM »
I emailed Eskimo and inquired about the new unvented cap to see if it would fit my Stingray as I have had problems with it leaking from the vent also. I got a response last night that the newer "self-vented" cap will indeed fit and is $4.95 +S&H. It is part # 11936, not currently available online as the system does not recognize this number. Call 1-800-345-6007 A slight wrinkle is that the minimum order is $10. I added a six pack of the oil to beef up my order. My new cap will arrive in a few days.
mj did the cap work? i busted my vent cap twice superglued it back together it stuck,completely that is stuck vented open which is good but cant close it for transport.cap was a bad design the detent kept coming off and the vent screw would wiggle itself out,on a different note touched up blades with the mora hand sharpener cuts great
GOD BLESS YOU
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline mjmeyer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2122 on: Jan 23, 2013, 09:13 PM »
YES!
I used the auger last weekend and no leaks. Stand it up and fire it up. Lay it back in the sled when finished.
Mike
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #2123 on: Jan 23, 2013, 11:30 PM »
His Ion is a "Mo".
??? ??? ??? I didnt know that ;D Looks like he finally made a good decision on the manufacturer for a change. I havent heard any reviews but I know that I would like a second battery..............e xcept for the fact that its $150. Add the auger and your pushin $700. Ill stick with my Z51 ;) ;) ;)
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2124 on: Jan 24, 2013, 09:11 AM »
X2

Offline Tim B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2125 on: Jan 27, 2013, 07:56 PM »
Your 8900 looks to be in really nice shape, Great score ! I put a carb rebuild kit in my 8600 and she starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull every time, well worth the 8 bucks for the kit ! Eve at Ardisam was really helpful helping me find an exploded diagram for rebuilding mine !
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
i'll join in! i bought one that looks like this one in an 8" at a yard sale for $20.00 and gave the carb a cleaning and fired it up. i finally got to use it today and it works like a charm! i just need to sharpen the blade. wasn't sure what to expect because this is my first power auger and this thing is great!

Offline FishinBill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2126 on: Jan 29, 2013, 05:59 PM »
Hey Rebelss, tried to send a PM your way but says your box is full.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2127 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:35 PM »
Sorry about that!!!! PM sent!!!!  ;D

Offline FishinBill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2128 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:03 PM »
Thanks my friend, you are a popular man.

Offline icefishindude99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2129 on: Feb 02, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Finally got my new mako out on the ice.  Three pulls first start up one pull after that.  Absolutely love the thing not sure how I hand drilled for the last 5 yrs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.