Author Topic: Report From Sunday  (Read 596 times)

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
Report From Sunday
« on: Feb 16, 2010, 10:21 AM »
I made a Babe Ruth style point to the fences on the RI section of the forum on Saturday night - prediciting (and hoping) to get a big fish on Sunday. Well that omnious tone was not in the air and my shot heard 'round the world fell short of the stands - lol.  It was a great day though.

It started with my father, Steady Eddie and I getting out early. Then we had plans to have my mother bring my disabled sister out to join since she has been asking to come out since day 1. (After making her first venture out onto the ice last year.) She has a heart of gold, loves anything to do with my father and I - and especially loves fishing.  My mother even hung out on the ice for a couple hours - which I've never seen in my 23 years!

Anyways it was a great day.  My sister has a license, so we set her up with her own traps and she went 2/2! First 2 fish ever by herself.  Also, I had her jigging with some of my famous local minnows. No one here jigs with minnows because its not very productive since we do not have any good fisheries - but I figured the hell with it, shes WAY more patient than any of use wild ice men. Sure enough she stayed put in her chair in between her flags and ended up slaying  a pick and a crappie.  Aside of myself - I've never witness one of the people I fish with jig a fish with live bait. ;)

Steady Eddie and myself got outfished by the rookie. My father got 2 flags simultaneously - a pick and bass. I ended up with 2 picks. One was nice though, probably 2 3/4.

EAD

Offline snapozz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oh no its weed'ez watch out.....:icefishing:
Re: Report From Sunday
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2010, 10:36 AM »
great day on the ice i would say... had a great time with the family and got some fish. what more could you ask for??? ??? nothing i say ;)
Its like my pap told me, "son its the way you hold you mouth"
so i like to keep mine open ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.