The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Rebel team get together  (Read 4811 times)

ICE REBEL

Rebel team get together
« on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:11 PM »
I know it was said in the past but lets make it real. Who is all in for that rebel team get together what date is good for everyone interested and what is a good location i know harveys lake was mentioned. This saturday is no good for myself and rebelfisher and the following weekwend is no good for me.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
Re: Rebel team get together
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Just let me know, when and where.
I noticed that the next couple Saturdays are not good for you, IceRebel.
If we wait longer than that, we might not have a chance for Harvey's.
There's always Lake Jean, if we wait that long though....but probably not much longer than that. We're already half way through Feb.

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2010, 03:59 PM »
The best thing about a get together is not the fishing.  Its the getting together!  Putting names with faces, lots of great food, and enjoying spending time together with fellow fishermen (and women).  I tried setting this up, and got very few responces.  I wasn't about to try to set a date when only 4 people had any input, and none of it matched up with with anyone else's.  If someone decides to take the ball and run with it, more power to you. 
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

ICE REBEL

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Well thats what i'm tryin to do. Dont want to see a good time go to waste. So with that said if anyone has any other ideas please do post.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2010, 11:24 PM »
The best thing about a get together is not the fishing.  Its the getting together!  Putting names with faces, lots of great food, and enjoying spending time together with fellow fishermen (and women).  I tried setting this up, and got very few responces.  I wasn't about to try to set a date when only 4 people had any input, and none of it matched up with with anyone else's.  If someone decides to take the ball and run with it, more power to you. 
I had mentioned that to IceRebel on the Rebel Chat, that you tried to get something going during the time he didn't have a computer.
Even though we all have our preferences of where to fish....I agree with you George about a get together, being mainly....'to get together'.
Where we have it, is irrellevent. Just as long as it's convenient enough for most of us to make it.
We don't have very many weeks to go, if we're going to have one. We have to come up with something.
Honestly, at this point....If we're going to wait more than 2 weeks, Lake Jean seems to be the logical spot. Unless we were to go further north,
we may not get on anywhere else.
Saying all that...like George mentioned.....We need more than 4 people responding, with dates that don't collide with everyone.
It's also understood, that alot of us may be busy. But, it is very possible to make it happen.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2010, 03:50 AM »
pick a date  there will be people show up
just let me know ill be thereeven if theres no ice you can still have a get together
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2010, 08:06 AM »
pick a date  there will be people show up
just let me know ill be thereeven if theres no ice you can still have a get together
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thats right Digger!  The guys that fish out at Arthur had a get together in December if I remember correctly.  They even did a deep fried turkey...YUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!  They knew there wouldn't be ice, but it was probably real nice just to come out, show off their new ice fishing gear, talk about the upcoming season, and eat all day.  That is what it is all about!  How many fish do you remember catching at the last two iceshanty get togethers?  I got 1 small crappie and my boy got 5 crappie and 1 small perch this year.  And I had a flag last year. 

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2010, 08:33 AM »

Last get together I went to (through a different forum) had about 50 of us on the lake and I think 1 person was actually fishing when the NYS DEC came out to check licenses  ;) ;) I dragged my sled out and only took the cover off it to get my case of beer out  :whistle: :whistle:
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2010, 04:46 PM »
Thats right Digger!  The guys that fish out at Arthur had a get together in December if I remember correctly.  They even did a deep fried turkey...YUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!  They knew there wouldn't be ice, but it was probably real nice just to come out, show off their new ice fishing gear, talk about the upcoming season, and eat all day.  That is what it is all about!  How many fish do you remember catching at the last two iceshanty get togethers?  I got 1 small crappie and my boy got 5 crappie and 1 small perch this year.  And I had a flag last year. 

yes thats the 1 i asked if you wanted to go to but we had some nasty weathjer that weekend otherwise i would hav went  ;D
fish caught at get togethers didnt have time to fish to busy cooking :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline iceman clem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch all kind of fish big and small
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2010, 07:43 PM »
digger u must be the second shift cook lol i would have let u cook on sayers if u could have got my dam stove lit .

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2010, 07:45 PM »
A get together just isn't the same if digger ain't cookin!  YUUUMMMMM! Awesome elk burgers!

ICE REBEL

« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2010, 09:47 PM »
OK seems like this is really going to take off this time lol so i'm going to put this out there. How does everyone feel about eather the first or secend weekend in march should still have good ice then and also i would have to say it would be on a sat. Doesn't seem like its going to get warm anytime soon and also i would say lake jean. So with that said how does everone feel about that?

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Second weekend of March would be better for me.  I'm going to be in Tennessee the first weekend.  But let the majority rule!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2010, 11:09 PM »
pick a date  there will be people show up
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Right on...Digger! :clap:

I'm good with the 2nd weekend in March too.
George(Geothefisher) has been trying to get this going, for some time now and it would be nice to see him there....along with many more here. :)

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2010, 03:55 AM »
                            ok then lets do this
              yhe second week of march at lake jean
            ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2010, 03:12 PM »
sat. or Sun.

Offline iceman clem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch all kind of fish big and small
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2010, 03:20 PM »
i am not part of the rebel team so somebody else bring a dam stove that wont light lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2010, 03:24 PM »
i am not part of the rebel team so somebody else bring a dam stove that wont light lol ;D ;D ;D
Oh. yes you are.   and dont you have a " NEW "stove.  lol

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2010, 05:00 PM »
If its going to be the second weekend, I'll have my stove along, so don't sweat it Clem!   ::)   As for day (Sat or Sun) it doesn't make any difference to me, but usually Saturdays are better.  That way you can have a day of r and r after all the fun!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2010, 06:34 PM »
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME ! :thumbsup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2010, 06:43 PM »
And I didn't give up "get togethers" for Lent!   :roflmao:

ICE REBEL

« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Glad to see this is going to happen. Looks like everyone is goin for the second weekend in march that's fine with me also. It would be on saturday for those who were asking. What about a time to meet I'm going to say 7 or 8 ish if that's fine everyone else. The meeting place would be lake jean.

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:48 PM »
If the iceman is going i'll be there.  lol

ICE REBEL

« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2010, 08:54 PM »
Also wanted to add all of you will know its the rebel team because there will be a rebel flag flyin out on the ice lol.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2010, 04:15 AM »
If the iceman is going i'll be there.  lol

to make sure he brings the good stove this timehuh john?????????? :callcops: :callcops: :callcops:

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2010, 01:49 PM »

As JohnT quoted, your in the Rebel Team....if you want in? :thumbsup:
Some people are afraid of us though. :laugh:

Who's bringin the Pepsi?! ;)2

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2010, 03:22 PM »
As JohnT quoted, your in the Rebel Team....if you want in? :thumbsup:
Some people are afraid of us though. :laugh:

Who's bringin the Pepsi?! ;)2
diet.   ?    lol

ICE REBEL

« Reply #27 on: Feb 19, 2010, 07:55 PM »
So here is the unofficial official date,time and meeting place for the rebel team get together. It is going to be saturday march 13 2010 at lake lake jean and the time would be between 7 and 8 am. Weather and ice conditions permitting. If anyone has any changes to this please say someting now. Thanks ICE REBEL

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 19, 2010, 08:13 PM »
That sounds real good.  Can't wait to put more names and faces together!  Gfisher95 and I will be there!

ICE REBEL

« Reply #29 on: Feb 21, 2010, 07:49 PM »
I guess that all the info is good with everyone on the get together?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.