The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New shanty  (Read 893 times)

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
New shanty
« on: Feb 07, 2010, 10:11 AM »
I got my shack from Ben at Dockside yesterday, put it out on Keeler's. Only 5 perch on its maiden voyage, but it definately beats a bucket! If you guys see a grey 4x6 stop in. As of now its about 400 yds straight off the hill rd launch.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline razzledazzle

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish H8 me
Re: New shanty
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2010, 10:40 AM »
Glad you got it.  It was marked down quite a bit from when it was first put up for sale.
I'll look for you and stop in sometime.
Fish H8 me ™
www.fishH8me.com

Gerry

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Yeah its pretty good, just gotta get out there again soon and move it to where I wanted to put it, couldn't talk my dad into helping me pull it further...  ;D
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline duckdownr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Nice Carmi, I saw you guys drop it sat.

Offline new guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2010, 08:29 AM »
I got my shack from Ben at Dockside yesterday, put it out on Keeler's. Only 5 perch on its maiden voyage, but it definately beats a bucket! If you guys see a grey 4x6 stop in. As of now its about 400 yds straight off the hill rd launch.
yeah its hard to not a have a shelter of some kind. im not sure how i made it prior to my clam shanty. yesterday was a good example, cold with a brisk north wind.my fingers kept sticking to metal parts on the flags! sitting inside my shanty with the heater cranked and drinking coffee and jigging for perch. i had a really good day for perch. i was more westerly towards that point where the christmas tree is on the ice. used crawlers in about 15-20 ft of water.

Offline seayaknh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2010, 10:41 AM »
nice.......hope you enjoy......lots of perch in Keelers, just have to find the right day......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.