The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Dream Trip  (Read 4358 times)

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here kitty kitty kitty.
Re: Dream Trip
« Reply #30 on: Feb 17, 2010, 02:41 AM »
Fishing for big 50-70lb flathead catfish.  Juglines and trotlines.  Whole bluegill for bait.
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2010, 08:34 AM »
MJ, Ya talkin' lot like a southern boy now! That's what I'm going to my brudder's place for!  ::)

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2010, 09:05 AM »
Moose-I will email you if I end up taking a spring flathead trip to Nebraska. There's some big ones in the canal systems that don't get very much pressure.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline troutsdaddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2010, 02:43 PM »
As much as i love lakers and Great Bear Lake would be a treat,  i love my flyrod just as well and would love to go to Tiearra del Fuego after monster searun browns or for an even bigger adventure i'd try scotland for them huge wels catfish!  Almost like a 200lb ling with an attitude.

Offline RDO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 17, 2010, 11:58 PM »
Dream Trip? Well I guess most of us could go on for days chatting about the altimate dream fishing trip, including me. All the 1's listed above sound pretty dand good too. As for me, I think I'll just keep thinking about the best place for a dream trip, while in the meantime as this ice fishing season is winding down I'm going to get my butt up to your state and try to get in a couple of good days of hog perch and nice walleye fishing. Did get in a few good days of perch fishing here in Utah with some nice slabbers flopping on the ice, but definately would like to finish off the season jerking a line under the clear blue skies of Wyoming. Maybe I'll see 1 of you up there soon.   RDO

Offline wyobrink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 23, 2010, 11:09 AM »
Lake Tobin Saskatchewan until I go there this summer and then some place with a lot of big lakers that have not seen a spoon or white tube before.  I will let you know how the Tobin trip goes.  7 nights 6 days.

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #36 on: Feb 23, 2010, 08:29 PM »
My dream trip would be to travel to Mongolia to catch Taimen on the Fly rod.  If you guys don't know about Taimen they are the largest of the Salmonoid Family, they can weigh over a 100lbs.  They grow larger than Kings and eat beavers for lunch...lol.  Really, if you don't know about them, look them up on the web.  there are some cool videos out there.  A trip to chase Taimen is gonna run a guy around 5,000 bucks plus though.  My next dream rip is to catch Sea Run Brown Trout on the Rio Grande in South America.  I better start saving.

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #37 on: Feb 23, 2010, 10:44 PM »
off topic, sorry. I used to be a diehard fly guys when I went to college in Missoula, MT. Order the video called Trout Bum Diaries. There's like 3 videos offered-if you like to fly fish these are the coolest videos I've ever seen!!!!
So many fish, so little time.

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 24, 2010, 09:20 AM »
Those are awesome videos, I own the first video- Trout Bum Diaries: Volume 1 Patagonia and Volume 2 New Zealand.  I need to buy the third which is River wolf and is about fishing for Taimen in Mongolia.  Sweet Videos.

Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 24, 2010, 04:51 PM »
My dream trip would probably be to North Dakota to spear some pike since Minnesota does not allow out of staters to spear. Then to Mille Lacs or lake of the woods on a chartered trip. I have never speared but i think it would be a blast. For open water fishing i would like to go back to Wakeguen (sp?) Illinois and go back out on Lake Michigan to catch salmon and trout. I went once but I was too young. Last one for open water is to go back to Alaska and instead of going to Anchorage go to either Seward or Homer then the Keni river. O yeah I cant forget NWT. I want to fish alot of places just not enough money.

Offline BigMackAttack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 25, 2010, 12:10 PM »
Wow made my first post yesterday but it's gone today.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 25, 2010, 12:31 PM »
Wow made my first post yesterday but it's gone today.
PM'd you about it BigMackAttack, if you didn't receive it, I'll send you one more. We are having some site issues with pm's not getting there.   You won't be able to respond to my pm's until you have 5 posts, so post away and let's get this done.   ;) :tipup:                              

Don                     LT/Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup:

Offline BigMackAttack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 25, 2010, 01:48 PM »
PM'd you about it BigMackAttack, if you didn't receive it, I'll send you one more. We are having some site issues with pm's not getting there.   You won't be able to respond to my pm's until you have 5 posts, so post away and let's get this done.   ;) :tipup:                              

Don                     LT/Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup:
Just now got it

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 25, 2010, 02:01 PM »
Loaded up the truck and heading to the Gorge for one more run at a Dream Trip this afternoon. Hope to have photos next week.  ;D
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 25, 2010, 09:33 PM »
Bay St Louis MS in late May when the speckled trout, reds and flounders are smokin! Then in the middle of the day we'd be chasing gafftopsail catfish and coastal sharks and there's no better salt water fish eating than that.  :woot:
                                                              LT/MFF/ISM/CDH  ::)
Alaska for halibut would be a close 2d  ;D ...very close 2d

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #45 on: Feb 26, 2010, 03:50 AM »
To quell my Laker habit,

#1 Answer: Great Bear Lake, I'd love a ice fishing trip, but would settle for a weeks worth in skeeter time

You are a very wise man Ouzel  ;D I wanted to hit Great Bear by driving in winter but the last 200 miles takes you 2 days to cover so return trip is 4 days just for the last 200 miles. I would have to fly there I think.
I'm settling for 2nd best next month....Great Slave Lake in NWT. Hope to land a laker 45-50 inches ;)

Alaska for halibut would be a close 2d  ;D ...very close 2d

Fishing for halibut is way better in BC  ;)2 according to my buddy who commercial fishes for halibut and salmon in Petersberg Alaska (akdg who stops here on his way thru every year from NY) He says it is heavily fished there and we have better waters for halibut in BC.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.