The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Smith Lake (kalispell  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
Smith Lake (kalispell
« on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Went out to Smith today at about 1pm.  I had one rod for perch and 1 pike jigging rod.  The only bite I had came at about 5:45.  it nibbled like a salmon on my pike rod.  I set the hook and landed a 5 lb pike. That is huge for that lake.  Biggest one i've seen come out in a few years.  Quit at about 6 pm.  No luck on the perch even though I swear I heard someone say they were catching them.  Another guy fishing near me caught two pike under 20 inches at about 2pm.  I think I am going to try somewhere else tomarrow.  Possibly either Lower Still Water or Church Slough??  Any suggestions?  I havn'y had a killer day yet this winter.
donwoudoorsdotcom

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Smith Lake (kalispell
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2010, 12:02 PM »
The perch fishing isn't nonstop there but they are big my best luck is with a green horizontal glo jig and bounce around trying to find pockets in the tall weeds. i tip with maggots and switch to eyes
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline MatCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2010, 02:57 PM »
There are some nice pike in there.  Have done better in the summer for those though.  On consecutive days out there I caught an 18 and 11 pounder.  That was a couple of summers ago.

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:28 PM »
Biggest I have ever caught out of thier was about 10.  That must have been about 10 years ago though.  It was in the summer as well.
donwoudoorsdotcom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.