The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Beaver Lake  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
Beaver Lake
« on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:16 PM »
Went out last weekend.  Didn't get thier untill about 12 pm A guy was just coming off the ice with a dozen fish.  He said the bite just stopped.  Had to wait for my grandpa (he was with my grandma at a hair appointment).  No one was catching anything after we got thier.  My dad cought one salmon at 40 ft.  I had a bite and so did grandpa.  We tried for the rainbow but nothing.  Anyone catch any rainbow out thier in the last year?
donwoudoorsdotcom

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Beaver Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2010, 11:17 PM »
where is Beaver lake? ;D
Live Free Or Die.

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2010, 11:24 PM »
North of whitefish, about ten miles. It has Kokanee, Salmon, and supposedly Rainbow Trout. Haven't heard anyone getting Rainbow reccently though.
donwoudoorsdotcom

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Just for clarification here...Kokanee=Salmon....Kokanee is a landlocked Sockeye Salmon.

There are definately Rainbows in Beaver Lake and there are some very nice size Rainbows in Beaver lake.  I have seen (not caught myself) 5lb rainbows come out of that lake through the ice...

Good Fishing :tipup:

Offline AndyMT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:26 AM »
Beaver kokes seem to be a little different than most places,  they seem timid.  Try replacing the standard glo hook sweedish pimple salmon rig with a darker pimple or castmaster and a small fly like a hares ear, phesant tail, or prince nymph.  That has worked for me

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:32 PM »
YOu know I tried that combo out at Ashley lake with a black ant fly. It seems like it would be a real good bait.  Never caught any but I was working and fishing.  (hard to see a salmon bite at 50 yards). 
A family friend of our always talks about the big rainbows he use to catch at night with a big fire on shore in the summer.  That was 10 years ago though.  Well they must be in there unless the salmon are eating them!  ahahaa

donwoudoorsdotcom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.