The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bull Lake  (Read 706 times)

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
Bull Lake
« on: Jan 30, 2010, 04:25 PM »
Was drilled and in the water by 7:15 am this morning.  Very steady action for rainbow, kokes and cutthroat till about 10:00.  We threw back many rainbow, cutts and salmon.  :flex: I kept 4 rainbow and got them soaking for dinner.  Not for me but for my wife and the guy I went with.   :thumbsup:

The salmon are very small, hook jawed and eggs.  The silver and blue salmon are real nice but small.  The cutts are running about 10'' to 13''.  The rainbow are 13'' to 18'' and fat.  Nothing in the bellys for food tho, I cleaned them and the stomachs were empty.  No wonder they were hitting.  :icefish:

I might fish McGregor tomorrow.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bull Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2010, 11:15 PM »
Are you talking about north of Whitefish?  I can't imagine trying to drive in their this time of year.  Did you use snow cats or 4 wheeler?
donwoudoorsdotcom

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2010, 02:02 AM »
Drove right to the gate in trucks.  We did not use the road between Fish Lake and Bull Lake.  That one is pretty ruff.  The buddy I was with has permission to enter at the gate and cut through the property where the small cabins are at. Then we ATV to the lake.

The road to the gate is pretty packed, a bit ice and snow rutted but easy enough. 
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Hook them Lipps

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:10 AM »
Yeah I talked to some people one time at the cabins.  THey were relatives and they mentioned that he lets people through his property.  Yeah that other road is crazy we pulled a little boat on a trailer up there and it was tough.  Thanks again
donwoudoorsdotcom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.