The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Inez Perch  (Read 1225 times)

Offline gadgetman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Inez Perch
« on: Jan 28, 2010, 08:05 AM »
Hey montanafishingr you said last year you were catching perch on Inez in 40 feet of water.Where about on the lake? Thanks in advance.
The worse day fishing is still better than the best day working!

Offline gadgetman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Inez Perch
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:36 PM »
Fished Inez on Sunday afternoon in about 15 fow on the north end. Caught lots of perch, with about a dozen keepers. My daughter caught a 12 incher. There were four other fisherman there also with tipups but they did not get any flags. Might try this Saturday again in deeper water for some bigger perch.

Offline slyfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:54 AM »
Fished Inez on Sunday afternoon in about 15 fow on the north end. Caught lots of perch, with about a dozen keepers. My daughter caught a 12 incher. There were four other fisherman there also with tipups but they did not get any flags. Might try this Saturday again in deeper water for some bigger perch.

I am heading up that way tomorrow.  What were you using for the perch?  My history with perch fishing is very limited.  Thanks for any info.

Offline gadgetman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Just use a small perch jig baited with maggots.Fish about six inches off the bottom,this is usually easiest by using a bobber stop and a slip bobber.Roveros in Seeley Lake sells a pencil shaped foam bobber that works really well.Good luck!

Offline slyfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:16 PM »
Thanks gadetman, will probably go with my ol' tried and true hand line rig with tiny slip bobber and maggot.  Knew I wasnt to far off in the gear department.  Cheers.

Offline gadgetman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2010, 08:07 AM »
Thanks gadetman, will probably go with my ol' tried and true hand line rig with tiny slip bobber and maggot.  Knew I wasnt to far off in the gear department.  Cheers.
You might check out that bobber I was telling you about.Its very resistant to freezing if your fishing outside a shack.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.