Author Topic: marcum or vex?  (Read 8728 times)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: marcum or vex?
« Reply #60 on: Jan 23, 2010, 09:42 PM »
not what i was saying at all what i was saying was these guy are looking for info on theses units, not just mines the best. I did not take a shot at anyones intelligance. :tipup:
Sorry man. I was just fooling around after the little tift.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #61 on: Jan 23, 2010, 09:55 PM »
these flasher debates are no different than politics, one guy says something and weather he is wrong or right somebodyelse disagrees with it gets mad and shouts back then an all out fight starts then friends become enimies. when people ask for advice they are not asking for people to tell them what they think not just buy a vex or buy a marcum its the best and nothing else. if we do the reserch or have the knowledge we can help, know if we would have checked he is right about the marcum in the weeds or in shallow water, now with that said vex is a great uint and will help you catch more fish, I did the reserch before i bought mine, I tried the asking the question on here and decided to go with the marcum. my discision was done soley because when I talked with vex guys the only response I got was because they are the best, the marcum guys would say adjustable zoom, better target seperation, more power, and cheaper price. I hope some vex guys chime in here about what makes a vex good without just taking a shot at everbodyelse. mabey I would have bought a vex if I got better feedback :tipup:
+1
but we all know that there is no better feedback to give.  Just Vex is best!  No reason, no why, No sense!  I like my bait box and cup holder Gosh darn It! ::)
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 23, 2010, 10:15 PM »
Mines best, never used another or even seen one but yep mines best. I'll take the guys words that use all the units side by side and aren't on someones paid staff.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Jan 23, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Bowslayer,please buy one so this silly debate can end. I have a VEX FL-8 (lowest one on the tot-um pole) For what I use it for (panfishing in water less than 25 fow) it does fine ,but if you want to see your swivel in 180 fow,well them maybe,you need to stop ice fishing.Catching fish is what it's about and both machines will help you do that. All my friends have VEX'S and not ONE has had a problem or been sent back,mine's 7 years old and still on the factory battery. Good luck and please buy one soon.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Jan 24, 2010, 09:29 AM »
Their return is read properly, weeds or not. The Vexilar can't get the gain low enough without using the "work-around" option. Flashers don't magically eliminate weeds in shallow water ....... You and your Vex should not see anything but a blank screen with the gain off. The Marcum is working properly. Needing an "S" cable or a power cut in place of better/proper gain capabilities is not.

When you turn the volume down on your radio to you expect to hear sound still? .......no. So when the other radio is turned up from zero and sound is heard is that incorrect? ......no, that's correct. See what I'm getting at....?

Thanks!  Now that was explained perfectly!!! 

Jim

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #65 on: Jan 24, 2010, 04:14 PM »
Thanks!  Now that was explained perfectly!!! 

Jim
Now I am confused. I turned the volume all the way down on my TV and could still see the picture. Guess I'm gonna have to go TV shopping tomorrow. Must be a screwed up design like a Vex.  ;) ;D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Junior58

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Jan 24, 2010, 04:28 PM »
If that's the only problem you're having with your tv, I'm sure everyone here will give you five bucks for it.  ??? ;D
2010 G3 Angler V175 FS   Yamaha 150TXR

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #67 on: Jan 24, 2010, 04:39 PM »
yeah can one of the marcum people on here explain why my friend is having a problem with his unit? battery fully charged yet the lights/bars flash for no reason just start flashing? called the service department and they tried to get him to get a new one?  loose cables,  battery?  ??? ???   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #68 on: Jan 24, 2010, 04:51 PM »
If that's the only problem you're having with your tv, I'm sure everyone here will give you five bucks for it.  ??? ;D
Naw, I'll keep it for a while. I like it in my shanty when the fishing is slow. The bad part is that when I turn the plug over the picture goes backwards. You would think that an old retired ET like me would be able to figure that out.  ;D ;)

Offline Junior58

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Jan 24, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Naw, I'll keep it for a while. I like it in my shanty when the fishing is slow. The bad part is that when I turn the plug over the picture goes backwards. You would think that an old retired ET like me would be able to figure that out.  ;D ;)
It may be dried out ......... to get a better picture in the shanty try plugging it in and dipping it in the water .........
2010 G3 Angler V175 FS   Yamaha 150TXR

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 24, 2010, 05:29 PM »
yeah can one of the marcum people on here explain why my friend is having a problem with his unit? battery fully charged yet the lights/bars flash for no reason just start flashing? called the service department and they tried to get him to get a new one?  loose cables,  battery?  ??? ???   

Either bad battery or something in the head, call Marcum and get it sent in and fixed, they will treat you right. I got a used camera, well out of warrenty, charger was bad called them and they sent me a new one free of charge, even after telling them I got it used.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #71 on: Jan 26, 2010, 09:39 AM »
It may be dried out ......... to get a better picture in the shanty try plugging it in and dipping it in the water .........
Didn't think your idea would work so I rigged a different plug and plugged it into the 240v socket on my generator. Works great now! I guess all it needed was more power. lol I have nothing bad to say about Vex, Marcum or any of them, but I'm not about to spend $400+ to fix "what ain't broke". Besides, this thread was getting much too serious for an old coot like me. Maybe I just spent too much time working with Time Domain Reflectometers. lol  ;D ;)

Offline slickrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 27, 2010, 01:46 PM »
VEXILAR! only way to fly.
had my fl-20 for 2 years , and won't fish without it. ;)

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 27, 2010, 01:47 PM »
Humminbird!!  More bang for your buck all the way around.
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #74 on: Jan 28, 2010, 08:19 AM »
If I were to buy a new flasher, I think it would be the HB Ice 55 and I would wait a couple more years to make sure the bugs are worked out of it. My main reason would be that it doesn't use the same frequency as most or maybe all of the other flashers and I wouldn't have a problem with interference from other flashers. It also has MORE POWER.  ;D ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.