The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: RECRUITING: Need Fourth for Canyon Ferry Perch Tourney!!! To FISH not Spot!  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
Thing being as they are, my team has had a couple member drop this year and we are in need of a 4th for the team.  We have our Spotter already in place, so if you like to fish(not sit around and pretend to fish and just drink beer) and you'd like to fish with some other TEAM IS MONTANA members please send me a PM and tell me how you can contribute. 

Good Fishing :tipup:

Offline Griztrax

• Team IceShanty Regular
PM sent.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
when is it?
I can catch perch but not sure about timing
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline Griztrax

• Team IceShanty Regular
At least think I sent a PM - outbox says there is nothing there.  Anyway, I gave up on the team derby because of team members dropping out.  Would be happy to fill in if you still need somebody.  I'm from Helena.  Let me know.  Thanks.  Mark

Offline RobG

• Team IceShanty Regular
What is a spotter? Are the fish so heavy that you need someone to help you lift the last few or something? ;)

rg

Offline Griztrax

• Team IceShanty Regular
What is a spotter? Are the fish so heavy that you need someone to help you lift the last few or something? ;)

rg

It's a little confusing.  Each team of 4 has to appoint one member of the team as a spotter.  That person must go out with another team and basically watch over that team to make sure there is no cheating going on.  The spotter can fish if they want, but the spotter's fish don't count towards the team total.  The spotter cannot communicate with his/her teammates to update them on how things are going with the team he is with.  I think they had too much "cheating" going on in the past and implemented this rule several years back. 

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
Spotter can fish?  Fishy
Live Free Or Die.

Offline Griztrax

• Team IceShanty Regular
Spotter can fish?  Fishy

The way I understand it, the spotter can fish IF the team he is spotting allows him/her to.  The spotters fish do not count towards his team total or the team being watched over.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Offline jimmerjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
still need someone? i was thinking of enetring myself just for the single day. I havn't been to cf yet this year, but have fished it lots in the past. if you still need someone, let me know

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
won't be available i'll be at the east fork tournament sorry
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
Spotter can fish?  Fishy
I didn't know the spotter can fish.  But our spotter isn't fishing, I know that for a fact. 
wish you many hook-ups

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.