Author Topic: west River ice fishing report.  (Read 2003 times)

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
west River ice fishing report.
« on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Hey New to the site already love it.  Live and love west river, any body else out there been pounding them over hereIve been doing OK went to the sand hills of Nebraska (my Alma Mater) last weekend did pretty good on big perch and gills.  Well how bout you?
Getem caught

Offline fishing grampa

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: west River ice fishing report.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Hey New to the site already love it.  Live and love west river, any body else out there been pounding them over hereIve been doing OK went to the sand hills of Nebraska (my Alma Mater) last weekend did pretty good on big perch and gills.  Well how bout you?

Welcome fishfeind!!!
This is a great site to explore and pick up the latest on gear, gadgets to build to make your icefishing more fun,
but like I found out no one whats to share many reports for fear of starting a riot or a stampede on their favorite lake,
so I just have decided to soak up the info and not look for too many reports.

But down at the Fort Thompson area of the river where I fish the fishing is really slow..... Can't wait for it to pick up!!!!

Good luck out there and once again welcome....

Fishin Gramps
Sometime hard water is a good thing..............

Offline Piking Icehole

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: west River ice fishing report.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2010, 12:12 AM »
Welcome to the shanty fishfeind....Ice fishing in the hills has been a bit of a challenge for me this year but have not been out alot either.  The trout are usually waiting for a hook but the perch & pike are a bit tougher.  When the perch are hitting, you can usually land quite a few but when they are being picky they can be frustrating to say the least.  Of course, finding out what depth they are at seems to be a whole other challenge for me since it seems like their depth has varied quite a bit from one week to the next.

And remember....

If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through
8 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will
swim by..............You might live in South Dakota
Fish Fear me.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.