The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: IFPA tournaments chat area  (Read 22092 times)

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
Re: IFPA tournaments chat area
« Reply #180 on: Feb 16, 2011, 05:32 AM »
It's not always who's better or more skilled, cause there is luck involved also ;D

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #181 on: Feb 16, 2011, 06:52 AM »
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/uv?site_no=01555000

If you guys are interested in  watching the creek levels -----  the link above  get  you to a monitoring guage  located in  Penns Creek, near  the bridge at the town of  Penns Creek.      They used to have one  one Middle creek, but I  think  budget cuts   took care of that one.

--- anyway --- If you look  at  feb 14   the flow was low in the morning.  About the time Fred  saw water on the ice   the flow at  Penns  creek was also way up.   Yesterday it went back down, the guys were on the lake fishing.     Its on the rise this am.

Its not the same as having  a  monitoring   guage  at the dam,   but  it will give you  an idea.    Snow melts  on one side of the hill it gets to  Penns Creek,    On the other side  it flows into walker.   

--- keep in mind  Penns Creek  cover a lot bigger area ---  this will  give you an  idea of what you might expect for  stream levels in the area.   

Offline quad700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #182 on: Feb 16, 2011, 08:44 AM »
It's not always who's better or nore skilled, cause there is luck involved also ;D

Is that not the truth,just like your Crappie fishing with a little jig and catch a 28" walleye.
Still waiting for that huge crappie to land in my frying pan.

icewagon

« Reply #183 on: Feb 16, 2011, 10:25 AM »
Do you have a problem with someone getting back some money.I spends a large amount of money on hobbies every year,fish,hunt,atv,ski boat,family camper.And bi golly if I would win a tourney, that money would go straight to my pocket.Why don't you tell race car drivers to forfeit there winnings also.

Since you asked me a question ! ("Do you have a problem with someone getting back some money.") I feel compelled to answer. No, I don't have a problem, because you just proved my point ,  its about the money !     2nd As far as race car drivers are concerned they are racing on a private track not open to public travel . That is those men's job it is their wage for driving ( by the way I'm not a race fan never watched one,would not walk across the street to watch a free one). And since I'm am in no position to tell them to forfeit there winnings that's  moot.

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: lily lake tourney?
« Reply #184 on: Feb 16, 2011, 04:55 PM »
do you have any other information about this?

If you go to northeasticetour.com you will be able to find out all about it ;D ;D ;D
Dave

Offline THE Spud

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: lily lake tourney?
« Reply #185 on: Feb 16, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Is anyone hitten up the tournement at lily on the 27th
There will be quite a few of us there for this one some real nice crappies caught there last year even if you don't fish it come check us out
Join us on the 2013 Vermont Sportsmen's Tournament Series and The Northeast Icefishing Circuit .

Offline quad700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #186 on: Feb 16, 2011, 06:14 PM »

Since you asked me a question ! ("Do you have a problem with someone getting back some money.") I feel compelled to answer. No, I don't have a problem, because you just proved my point ,  its about the money !     2nd As far as race car drivers are concerned they are racing on a private track not open to public travel . That is those men's job it is their wage for driving ( by the way I'm not a race fan never watched one,would not walk across the street to watch a free one). And since I'm am in no position to tell them to forfeit there winnings that's  moot.
Well i have not won any $$$ yet. So ya its really just about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
Still waiting for that huge crappie to land in my frying pan.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #187 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:18 PM »
Anyone ever buy a lottery ticket and not win? But, your money goes to a good cause lol ;D

Offline 300_wsm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #188 on: Feb 16, 2011, 07:31 PM »
hey how about we get back to the tourney!!! was at the lake this evening and was pleasantly surprised with no water on top but a few small spots. the ice was in good shape but getting verrrrrrrry soft on top!!!!! could use my cleats and scrape about the first two inches off by foot.  :( with these temps coming tomorrow and friday this event my not happen.  :( i am crossing my fingers and praying to the ice gods to be good to us for one last weekend on walker. be safe everyone , stay dry and hopefully see you sat afternoon and sunday morning

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #189 on: Feb 17, 2011, 04:09 AM »
WSM,

Did you catch any fish ?    Was the water clouding up any ?

Offline pa.bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #190 on: Feb 17, 2011, 06:14 AM »
I was on walker yesterday across from parking lot in the channel. Around 2 the water started 2 cloud up over there. I moved toward the lot into 8-9 fow n the water was still clear. Once it started clouding up the fish shutoff. Goodluck n besafe everyone
got ice?

Offline pa.bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #191 on: Feb 17, 2011, 03:59 PM »
At walker 2day got there at 8 temp was 34. Slush was refroze from yesterday. Around 12 startd getn slushy again. Left at 3 temp was 63. Fishn was tuff. Good luck guys. Besafe
got ice?

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #192 on: Feb 17, 2011, 04:07 PM »
ty bob will u be there sunday ???

Offline pa.bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #193 on: Feb 17, 2011, 06:55 PM »
no i won't be there sunday.  good luck giv em heck
got ice?

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #194 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:40 PM »
no i won't be there sunday.  good luck giv em heck
what about to see weight ins  ???

Offline pa.bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #195 on: Feb 18, 2011, 09:31 AM »
We r heading up 2 lake jean sunday. Wont b around 4 weighins. Goodluck
got ice?

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #196 on: Feb 18, 2011, 12:23 PM »
Good luck on Jean! Catch some of those big perch!

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #197 on: Feb 21, 2011, 12:55 PM »
It was an interesting tournament. Very warm weather leading up to tournament day scared many teams away and almost caused the event to be canceled. On top of the warm weather during the week leading up to the tournament, Saturday had sustained winds of around 40 with gusts to 60, talk about brutal.  But it went on as planed.

The top story was very similar to last weeks story at Silver; First place went, again, to Jeff Snyder Sr and Jeff Shade, who again, took first by one - one hundredth of a pound, narrowly beating second place finishers Fred (The Spud) Janiec and Lewis (Skip) Walters.

Third place went to Jeff Snyder Jr and Kevin Snyder. The interesting part of this story is that of Jeff Snyder Jr, who has cashed a check in four out of five tournaments this year and is in a solid lead for Angler of The Year honors................ .the next two should be interesting, as nothing is locked in place yet.

Big Fish honors went to two teams, first place winners Jeff & Jeff along with fourth place finishers Jay Herman and Mike Kepner each weighed in a .54 pound fish and split the big fish prize.

A thanks to Jay Herman who helped out a bunch and provided lodging for some out of state teams. Also a big thanks to Roy Tibbs (rtibbs48 on here)who stopped by to watch the weigh in and ended up helping out as a recorder, along with John Comstock- who is pretty good at guessing weights.

Also of note, Steve Bannon won the underwater camera and Chris Neal won another Hopn Bucket Rig, both prizes provided by http://www.sportsmensdirect.com

We are on to Lily Lake in Luzerne County this weekend, and it seems the weather is looking much better this week.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline THE Spud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #198 on: Feb 24, 2011, 10:48 AM »
Any IS members going to join us for the final PA event this year at Lilly Lake on Sun
 Fred
Join us on the 2013 Vermont Sportsmen's Tournament Series and The Northeast Icefishing Circuit .

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #199 on: Feb 24, 2011, 02:23 PM »
I won't make this one,  but next year i'm gonna fish them all  :clap: at least that is the plan

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. ICE FISHING TEAM.
« Reply #200 on: Feb 24, 2011, 04:48 PM »
me too, i wont make this one. but hopefully next year i will be a familiar face around the tourny trail!!!!! good luck to all who fish it!!!!!  D.T.
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #201 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Yeah same here. We got our feet wet and a taste of the NEIT  I want to give a real try  ;D

Offline iceman clem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch all kind of fish big and small
« Reply #202 on: Feb 24, 2011, 06:09 PM »
i guess i will have to find somebody to fish with next year and give it a try

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #203 on: Feb 25, 2011, 06:21 AM »
I don't know iceman, I may need a partner..cause John t. didn't mention me in his post. He may be mad cause he put more fish in the bucket than I did. My first 4 was shiners and catfish,  ;D but I did manage a few decent crappie then..lol  ;D

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #204 on: Feb 25, 2011, 01:57 PM »
but next year i'm gonna fish them all 

Love to have you, but I'll offer a word of wisdom for anyone that has the same thought, and wants to do well;

Come up to lily lake on Sunday and just watch some of the guys. No need to enter, just pick some of the guys that are at the top of the points and spend the day watching them..........you'll be suprised by how much you'll learn.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #205 on: Feb 25, 2011, 02:19 PM »
the neit has some of the best fisherman in the east that compete at our events I am always learning something new dont be afraid to come out and watch also dont be afraid to ask questions.
Dave

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #206 on: Feb 26, 2011, 03:32 PM »
I don't know iceman, I may need a partner..cause John t. didn't mention me in his post. He may be mad cause he put more fish in the bucket than I did. My first 4 was shiners and catfish,  ;D but I did manage a few decent crappie then..lol  ;D
I'll fish with ya .... lol

Offline personality529

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #207 on: Feb 28, 2011, 10:08 AM »
lackawanna state park has 17 inch's I was on there sunday lakes up north have 17 to 20 inch's

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #208 on: Feb 28, 2011, 11:18 AM »
That's good ??? ::) ;D

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #209 on: Mar 09, 2011, 04:05 PM »
Well, to quote the Dead, and those they quoted; "what a long strange trip it's been". And downright enjoyable.

Two years ago, after Ice Team had faded and the NAIFC had decided not to return to the Northeast in the foreseeable future, I came up with the bright idea of starting the IceFishingPa tournament series, which has evolved into the North East Ice Tour.

On a personal level, it has been an excellent ride. I have made more friends than I would have thought, I have had the chance to watch and learn from some truly great anglers, I have participated in fishing as close as can possibly be done without actually fishing, and most importantly; I have met a great bunch of people that I otherwise might not have met.

I have watched and rooted for friends that I made a long time ago, and those I made last season, and I have watched and rooted for friends that I made this year. Sometimes I wish everyone could be a winner, because you all are. 

People are always asking me if it bothers me that I do not fish as much as I did before, and my answer is always the same; I do fish as much, just not in the same way. I know it's hard to understand, but when I stand out on Lily lake, three minutes before the "official start fishing time" and it's dead quite, and I see the anticipation and excitement on everyones face, well, it's as good as fishing gets-actually, it's as good as life gets. And I wouldn't have that without you guys - so, thanks.

The future of the NEIT holds many changes, some will be liked, some will not. But I promise you, as I did a year and a half ago, that the interests of my fisherman will always come first. My wallet, and what's in it (or what isn't in it) is a close second consideration, and that's something that I'm working on. I have never denied the fact that I need to justify my time and expenses, but if I ever have to do that at your expense............wel l, then it just will not get done. I do my very best to give away every item that I get in the way of prizes, instead of selling them or raffling them off - and that's the way it should be.

You might have noticed, in bold, the phrase "my fishermen". And that is how I think of you guys. When I talk about the tournaments, it's always a matter of pride when I mention "my fishermen" and it's because you are the best I've seen. I've watched brand new guys come in and dominate the circuit, I've watched guys who knew nothing about competitive fishing quickly learn and move to the top of the points race, I've watched guys that used to throw their ciggerate buts on the ice and now throw them in their sled, I've watched very good fishermen go through a hard season - both on and off the ice, I've listened as guys have apologized for not making tournaments due to personal issues, I have accepted with just a tad of red on my face as some of you presented me with a very cool jacket, I've watched locals bragging that they "know the Lake" better than anyone, and I've watched them flounder when up against "my fisherman", and I've watched some of you become better people ............and I'm proud of you guys and anyone who is willing to make the effort and has a dream. If that dream involves being a professional ice fisherman, there is nothing I'd like more than to help facilitate that.............we'll see. But, even if that is not your dream, you are still "my fisherman", like it or not.

As of today - 03/09/11 - we have ten months minus one day until our first event of 2012. During that time, you will see some changes to our website, you will see some additional / changes in sponsors, you will receive email updates on what is going on (please check and update the email in the your profile - it costs me money to email you, whether you get them or not) and I will make updates on this message board.

I know that there are many of you that I will not see until next year, and that makes the season ending bittersweet for me, please feel free to stay in touch until that happens............... ........have a great summer, and never forget Fleetwood Mac when they said "don't stop thinking about tomorrow, it'll soon be here soon, It'll be better than before.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.