Author Topic: trouble with this site?  (Read 3110 times)

Offline natureboy79

• Team IceShanty Regular
trouble with this site?
« on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:22 AM »
anyone else been having any problems on IS the last few days? It seems like it is bogged down for me,sometimes I cant see posts or it just freezes and now it doesnt mark posts as read after I read them.Its starting to be a headache.... Is anybody else getting these problems or is it just my PC?

My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic....

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
Re: trouble with this site?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:27 AM »
Working out the bugs from the server change. I'm sure it will be better soon.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:32 AM »
if not myfishfinder will be the temporary shanty  ;)

Catch A Buzz

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:38 AM »
I work in IT, with large database systems, and this upgrade has gone bad since the get go. I appreciate the efforts they have made to "try" and make it better for us. But I pay to be a member here, and I am not happy with how it was handled. This type of "working out the bugs" would never fly in a corporate environment. If the upgrade didnt go as planned they should of backed it out and gone back to the old configuration until they did some testing on the upgrade to confirm it actually worked.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:40 AM »
I work in IT, with large database systems, and this upgrade has gone bad since the get go. I appreciate the efforts they have made to "try" and make it better for us. But I pay to be a member here, and I am not happy with how it was handled. This type of "working out the bugs" would never fly in a corporate environment. If the upgrade didnt go as planned they should of backed it out and gone back to the old configuration until they did some testing on the upgrade to confirm it actually worked.

or they could have tried to switch it over , in say um JULY???

Catch A Buzz

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:42 AM »

I'm not sure what problems you've had but I guess my experience has been better. Sure, the site was down for a couple of days, that happens. Sure there are some connection issues, but I close my browser and open a new one and it's fine.

Come on folks, give 'em a break. I don't see how all the negativity will benefit anything.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:44 AM »
I'm not sure what problems you've had but I guess my experience has been better. Sure, the site was down for a couple of days, that happens. Sure there are some connection issues, but I close my browser and open a new one and it's fine.

Come on folks, give 'em a break. I don't see how all the negativity will benefit anything.

Not being negative, but this for them is a "for profit business", as a customer, we shouldnt have to deal with this type of service, ESPACIALLY when some of us pay for enhanced features.

I also agree, upgrade in July!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:47 AM »
Not being negative, but this for them is a "for profit business", as a customer, we shouldnt have to deal with this type of service, ESPACIALLY when some of us pay for enhanced features.

I also agree, upgrade in July!

I'm not sure how much "profit" you think these guys get. The are far fewer paid members than not.

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:51 AM »
some of us pay for enhanced features

You mean we can actually upgrade out acct?? Never heard of that before.....

In the long run all this trouble is for the best, sucks now but it will get better and improve performance for all of us

Don't worry about Scott, he is just upset he actually has to work now and can not web surf....HAHAHAAH
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:54 AM »
I'm not sure how much "profit" you think these guys get. The are far fewer paid members than not.

Everyone of thoes adveritising banners you see at that top pay a few hundred dollars to have them there... im certianly not implying they are doing this to get rich are becming so from the site. I merely am saying that its not a free service they are providing. They do make money, and there are paying customers.

Yes Ryan, you get to post things in the classifieds, get more email messages, 100 or 1000, things like that....

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Everyone of thoes adveritising banners you see at that top pay a few hundred dollars to have them there... im certianly not implying they are doing this to get rich are becming so from the site. I merely am saying that its not a free service they are providing. They do make money, and there are paying customers.

Yes Ryan, you get to post things in the classifieds, get more email messages, 100 or 1000, things like that....

It's painfully obvious that this isn't going to go anywhere. You go ahead and keep complaining and I'll keep fishing. When Ice Shanty is down, I'll go do something else. Have fun my friend.

Oh, one more thing. THANK YOU ICE SHANTY TEAM FOR THE HARD WORK YOU DO PUT IN. WON'T HEAR ME COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SITE, I AM A BETTER FISHERMAN BECAUSE OF IT.

:icefish:   :thumbsup:

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2010, 10:22 AM »
You go ahead and keep complaining and I'll keep fishing

Ouch.. you both keep going at it and I will sit back and laugh  :) :) :o

Offline mcl79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2010, 10:41 AM »
Is there an email address to contact the admins?

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Is there an email address to contact the admins?

there is . just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on contact   ;) 

Offline natureboy79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:06 AM »
wow, I was just wondering if it was my pc or other people were experiencing the same thing-lol!

My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic....

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:07 AM »
wow, I was just wondering if it was my pc or other people were experiencing the same thing-lol!

Some of us are experiencing technical difficulties but Scott D has it far worse (apparently).

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:43 AM »
Some of us are experiencing technical difficulties but Scott D has it far worse (apparently).

wow some people just don't get it....

I am not having any more or less issues than any of you. My point being these folks, and I LOVE the site or else I would not have paid money to make my experience with it even better, did not scope out their upgrade. We are paying for a service, those of us who have paid, AND those advertisers PAID to have their ads displayed. If you had paid money for a service would you not be upset when the service wasn't being provided?

Let me know how you would feel if your electricity, phone, or cable wasn't working for a full weekend. I am sure you would be calling the provider upset and wanting an explanation and potentially your money back or credit towards your account. Its the same thing here. It doesn't mean I do not like the site, or I am mad at the admins, I am merely saying the project is not fixed yet and wasn't done correctly. I work in these type of computing environments. These things DO happen all the time, but can be fixed quickly with patches, roll backs, etc.....for us to still be having issues 6 days after they did the upgrade is not good service.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2010, 11:52 AM »
I have satellite and if a bug farts in China, a wind storm or cloud cover will screw up my feed. I don't complain, I deal with it. What I don't understand is how some of you, who seem to take this site for granted, can complain at all. IceShanty.com is an excellent resource for everyone who visits. Sure you paid for the larger in-box and sweat shirt so maybe you can complain a bit, but have the issues really been that bad? A couple of days off-line, no problem, it's good ice fishing weather anyway. Connection issues, no problem, refresh your browser and it's fine (works for me anyway).

Now the economy is in the toilet, use some of those complaints there. B.O. wants to hear from you.

And the whole argument about a server change in June is just plain ridiculous. Maybe, just maybe, they were contracted with someone and that contract didn't expire until the first of the year? Hmmmmm..........

I'm just saying that for all Ice Shanty offers, you should be ashamed for complaining and crying like this. I don't see the point.

EDIT: What type of membership did you get? I'll divide the cost of your membership by 365 and send you a check for your lost days. At the most, you're losing .20 a day?

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2010, 12:51 PM »
I have satellite and if a bug farts in China, a wind storm or cloud cover will screw up my feed. I don't complain, I deal with it. What I don't understand is how some of you, who seem to take this site for granted, can complain at all. IceShanty.com is an excellent resource for everyone who visits. Sure you paid for the larger in-box and sweat shirt so maybe you can complain a bit, but have the issues really been that bad? A couple of days off-line, no problem, it's good ice fishing weather anyway. Connection issues, no problem, refresh your browser and it's fine (works for me anyway).

Now the economy is in the toilet, use some of those complaints there. B.O. wants to hear from you.

And the whole argument about a server change in June is just plain ridiculous. Maybe, just maybe, they were contracted with someone and that contract didn't expire until the first of the year? Hmmmmm..........

I'm just saying that for all Ice Shanty offers, you should be ashamed for complaining and crying like this. I don't see the point.

EDIT: What type of membership did you get? I'll divide the cost of your membership by 365 and send you a check for your lost days. At the most, you're losing .20 a day?

Dude you are a total tool!!

Ashamed for complaining like this?? Seriously are you for real?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Dude, like totally.

There's always going to be someone who isn't happy, tag, you're it.

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2010, 01:10 PM »
Dude, Dude, Dude........

Offline possumilk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lakes Region
« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2010, 01:12 PM »
he's touching me, he swore, i'm telling....

dude...

you guys are too funny ;D
>))))))>

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2010, 01:13 PM »
LOL

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2010, 01:14 PM »
As "Flounder" from Animal House would say,"Boy, is this great!" :o ;)2

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 13, 2010, 03:24 PM »
Lets give FishingNewEngland  a big pat on the back for being  the hall monitor of the week . This is far better than listening to my two kids fight !!!! lmao !!!
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline NH Fishin Fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 13, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Lets give FishingNewEngland  a big pat on the back for being  the hall monitor of the week . This is far better than listening to my two kids fight !!!! lmao !!!

Try listening to 4 kids fight!!! LOL

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 13, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Ryan... pass the popcorn, please.  ;D
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:19 PM »
Here you go bud, anyone else just grab a handful.....  ;D ;D

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #28 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:26 PM »
Oh come on KIDS don't quit now!!!!