Author Topic: Curious about NH Ice Anglers Ass.  (Read 769 times)

Offline Bean town Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
Curious about NH Ice Anglers Ass.
« on: Jan 12, 2010, 01:17 PM »
I Hear about you guys through threads and want to Know If your organization gets access or list access points to lakes and ponds and if you plow to open landings to access water  or help to get towns to do so

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Curious about NH Ice Anglers Ass.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2010, 01:40 PM »
To try and answer your questions, we do not have access to places, nor do we maintain places.

We want to try and fight to get access to places opened up. How many lakes and ponds are there in NH that the public can not access. no one owns those places, why is there not access. How about ice fishing, people locking up ramps, not keeping them open etc....WHY. We want to change that....

Check it out online at
http://www.nhiceanglers.com/

We urge you to sign up and bring these ideas to a meeting. We need more active people in this to make things happen. We want to educate people on ice fishing, fight to change regulations, have a voice in meetings for ice anglers etc. It's just starting and with any organization it will take time. Again, come to a meeting (1st Tues of every month, info on website) Any questions just ask....
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline KiddCrappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2010, 03:56 PM »
Hay Guys,,This Is A Good Topic, I Just Joined The Site And This Is My 2ND Post,I Never Thought About It Before & Now Realized That I Guess I Took It For Granted!!!! But Yes Times Are Changing And So Is The Attitude Of The Out Doorsman/women, I Guess Its About Time We All Take A GOOD look Around And Get Involved. Thanks SS. For The Info And The Web Page, I Just Down Loaded An APP.  Thanks Again. KC.
LOVES2FISH

Offline Cthulhu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:07 PM »
ah the way things are worded... ::) :P ;D

Offline NH Fishin Fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:28 PM »
Hay Guys,,This Is A Good Topic, I Just Joined The Site And This Is My 2ND Post,I Never Thought About It Before & Now Realized That I Guess I Took It For Granted!!!! But Yes Times Are Changing And So Is The Attitude Of The Out Doorsman/women, I Guess Its About Time We All Take A GOOD look Around And Get Involved. Thanks SS. For The Info And The Web Page, I Just Down Loaded An APP.  Thanks Again. KC.

Is it me or is it hard to read the post when every word is capitalized??

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:18 AM »
Yes KC, times have changed. How many old timers have you talked with who hate the way things have been done, how the laws have changed, how you can not just go and drop a line in the water without reading a book for that certain body of water.

Little things could be changed to make a big difference for all of us ice anglers. We need to fight and stop complaining, get into the fight rather than throw a rock per-say

Offline Bean town Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2010, 01:22 PM »
I wish this post could have gotten the Association more recognition SS GRIZZY and Timberdoodle but Im glad I started it I just have a netbook now but I plan to get an app from you guys on a buddys comp  might not be able to go to meetings but I can follow online and now the big thing is how do you get more recognition and stay at the top of this community ever think of contacting the monitor of the chats kinda like the guys you always see at the top of the page just a thought.

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2010, 01:34 PM »
Thanks Beantown....

We are very happy IceShanty has let us post about this and not deleting them. As for advertising, we would love to do it but untill we get members joining we are limited with funding. We have been paying for things out of our pockets getting this off the ground. So unless people do it as a good faith gesture and we get more interest from anglers it's a hard road starting off.

Funny thing, you hear so many people on this site complain about the laws, regulations, fishing in NH in general. Here we put an Assoc together to help with this and everyone you see complaining on here who has all these "So called great ideas" has not signed up. You see, people like to talk but when it comes to actually helping or giving they disapear, and those same people wonder why nothing changes, they are the problem. Go figure that one out, I have been trying for a while.... ???  ;)

Offline Bean town Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2010, 04:32 PM »
You see this post has received 170+ views which means that many people have read it other than us here they can learn to contact you guys and I hope it has worked this post has been viewed more than any other I have written what that say people are interested  ;D SS GRIZZY Timberdoodle what do you think

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Guys, I keep forgetting about filling out an application. I'm printing one now and will send it in. To be up front, I won't be attending many meetings. However, if you need a seat filled for a meeting with F&G or a hand with a Sportsmans Show, let me know and I'll do what I can to be there. Hopefully you'll accept that type of commitment. I just can't guarantee anything when it comes to the monthly meetings. I definitely agree with and appreciate the work you fellas are doing.

Couple thoughts as to why you may not be getting applications...

You mention in the application that the applicant must agree to the bylaws of the organization, but nowhere could I find the bylaws. Most people don't want to sign something when they are agreeing to the unknown. I know your intentions are good, as I have met and know a few of you guys. Anyone not knowing you could have reservations.

Secondly, you ask for a $10 fee to be paid, but then go on to say the applicant MAY or MAY NOT be accepted. Some people may take that as they are going to lose their ten bucks if they are not accepted as a member. Maybe word that differently?

Lastly, rather than broad statements, such as whats on your "about us" page... maybe something specific like, "we are attempting to establish better access to 'x' lake", will draw responses. People seeing that a ball is rolling are more likely to get behind the ball and push with you.

My two cents worth...  :-\

Oh, and I'm gonna mail my app and check to the PO Box listed. I hope thats the right spot still?
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.