Author Topic: Great east, and horn pond  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Green Puffin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slammatime!
Great east, and horn pond
« on: Jan 12, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Hey guys, i headed out to great east tommorow, but know little about it. i'm going to set my trap shallow an try an snag a bow or 3, and jig deeper. i was wondering where would be a good place to start on the lake i looked at a depth chart and it looks like the deep holes are a long long walk from the boat launch. I heard its a clean clear lake so i might look shallower for the bigger lakers like on newfound. I was also curious about horn pond. How is this little pond. i didnt see it on the NH fish and game trout pond list so im assuming its open for ice fishing. if nothing goes well for the morning on great east i want to make a move to horn if possible. any info on these ponds would be great.
See ya out there
Green Puffin

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: Great east, and horn pond
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:40 PM »
i have been to horn a few times in the open water months....largemouth and smallmouth is all i know...maybe trout.......upper end looks like a good area to start.....smaller bass however, but every place has atleast one giant
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Flags up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2010, 06:53 AM »
I fish great east all the time in the summer and I hook into good fish right at the end of the channel coming from the boat launch. Not a far walk and the water drops off pretty good about 50 yards from the end of the channel.If the markers are not there, the end of the channel is right when the lake starts to open right next to the huge fixed dock on rocks to your left side. Place some traps to the left shore line right at the opening for rainbows. Very clean rocky bottom.  Then you can jig for lakers out towards the middle and possibly hit some really good bass in between. Good luck and let me know how you do. 

Offline tcushman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2010, 07:20 AM »
i have been to horn a few times in the open water months....largemouth and smallmouth is all i know...maybe trout.......upper end looks like a good area to start.....smaller bass however, but every place has atleast one giant
have caught some good browns and bows out of horn pond(on the maine side anyway...lol) weather they are stocked from n.h or maine i have no idea, but then again they may make there way down from great east or wilson.
at any rate they are there and i agree there are some nice bass in there to.
Todd L Cushman Sr

" the green hornet has caught more fish then you have lied about gustofson!!!!"

Offline snohiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just give me water hard or not and ill be happy
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:56 PM »
the last i heard great east is still open

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.