Author Topic: Ice Conditions?  (Read 889 times)

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ice Conditions?
« on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:37 AM »
With all of the snow that we have gotten lately what is that going to do to the ice conditions that we have?  We waited quite a while this year to have any ice and that we have good ice its covered in 10+ inches of snow in most areas, is all that snow going to weaken the ice?  In all the years growing up ice fishing I never experienced conditions like we have and I don't want to get out there this weekend and fall through because the ice is weakened.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Ice Conditions?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2010, 12:18 PM »
I was out Sunday and was on about 16". The lakes east of me probably have 20" by now. I don't have a clue where you are located, so I guess I can't help ya.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Marlee W

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2010, 12:43 PM »
I dont know how thick the ice is your on but with the thaw we are having I say its where the ice meets the shore your gonna have to worry about if its 8+ inches of ice once your on it should be good the ice won't thaw till late March warning I did fall thru the ice twice n it happened right by the shore its the getting on n off that always worries me when I get on the ice I feel safe

Offline KingCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010, 01:09 PM »
Last weekend ice in the Hills Sheridan/Deerfield was 13-16 inches, likely more in other areas. NOt too much snow cover cause it blew around; but there's enoguh to get stuck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.