The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: tomorrow mashpee-wakeby  (Read 487 times)

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
tomorrow mashpee-wakeby
« on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:44 PM »
I fished just off mashpee boat ramp today. It was cold, clear, and beautiful. The water drops right off into deep and the water looked clear...The ice was 3.5" hard and clear black...center of the lake had large expanses of open water. I was fishing minnows without even a hit or a sign of any fish.
I plan to return tomorrow from noon to dusk. I'd love to meet any shanty guys especially any with sonar so we can find the depth...I'd hate to be skunked tomorrow! More traps and lines might help and it would be safer if more guys showed. Anyway, not a report with monster pickerel, huge smallmouths, or a 5 pound rainbow...that is why I return tommorrow. That lake is to sexy not to produce something at first ice!
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Offline G.Horne

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: tomorrow mashpee-wakeby
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:51 AM »
Try driving in the park on the back side behind the third isalnd. It is shallower with weeds always a good spot year round :tipup: If you are going to fish that end of the lake try out in front of the herring run straight across from the ramp there is a rocky flat that drops into 30' fish the edge. Or further up that same shore there are good weeds in 10'-15' of water.

Offline Canalratt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:16 AM »
Greg they lock the gate there, but the Wakeby side is much better.

Offline Bozeiceman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010, 10:38 PM »
I fished just off and to the right of boat ramp...two days in a row..no sign of fish whatsoever I fished in 6'-15' of water with floro gammy and nice baits...nothing. Should have been on wakeby side I guess...nice place...tough fishing
"The Green Hornet's caught more fish than you've lied about!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.