The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Whitehall Reservior in Hopkinton Update Please!  (Read 498 times)

Offline JVCIII

• IceShanty Rookie
  • A bad day fishing is better than a good day workin
Whitehall Reservior in Hopkinton Update Please!
« on: Jan 11, 2010, 03:47 PM »
Hi All

Can I get a current conditions update for Whitehall?
Anyone have any recent fishing Whitehall stories to share?
What are you catching, ice depth, where to go, is it locked,,,,,,,,
I will probably be on the ice on Sunday.

Thank You

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Whitehall Reservior in Hopkinton Update Please!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:08 PM »
I was planning on fishing there last weekend but it didn't happen, got tied up.  Did ride a sled out there though, it's all iced up. 

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2010, 05:31 PM »
With the caveat of "I have not been there yet this year" , I can say I am always impressed at how well that place freezes.  My guess is that you are more than all set but as always, check often on the way out.

jb

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010, 11:50 AM »
I have a few friends that live right on the lake (one actually was just forced to sell 60+ acres abutting the lake to the town), so I'm somewhat familiar with the place.  On average, it's a shallow pond, maybe averaging 6 feet or so.  Some areas are real stumpy and deceiving.  There is a big 30'+ hole on the south side near the little Pond St. 'causeway,' where you can see the lake real well from the road.  There is very limited roadside parking there, and the trails are public property.  The state/town owns the entire shoreline, in some places what they own is a very thin strip, in other places it's more.  There is a trail that encircles the entire lake...it used to handle a quad, but it's tight.  Wont' handle a big 4x4 ATV, but a sled in most places can tow stuff out onto the ice.  But if you're bringing a sled, the best spot would be the boat launch. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.