New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Hali chain hook  (Read 6757 times)

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hali chain hook
« Reply #30 on: Jan 19, 2010, 12:22 PM »
chains are better on the kodiak jiggs imo.
"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."  - Sparse Grey Hackle

"I wait. Now the night flows back, the mighty stillness embraces and includes me; I can see the stars again and the world of starlight. I am twenty miles or more from the nearest fellow human, but instead of loneliness I feel loveliness. Loveliness and a quiet exultation." - Ed Abbey

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Jan 19, 2010, 12:43 PM »
I have had the same one on all season and landed some big pickerel and bass and haven't had any problems... I hope I didn't just jinx myself... ;D ;D ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 19, 2010, 12:46 PM »
they're pretty cool and do work. You catch more gills due to the small hooks fitting inside the small mouths. I think they're over-rated and even the small ones are too heavy. Finicky fish feel the weight and will drop them. They're harder to use with ultralights and spring bobbers. With other jigs you can see the bobber start to lift but they are so heavy that doesn't happen until the fish really has a good hold of it and by then would usually drop the jig by feeling the weight. If you like being able to catch those pesky tiny fish that always take your bait, its good though.  I'd rather fish an islander ANY day, and when that doesn't work switch to some other secret backups. They do work, but for 1/10th the price i can buy a more effective fish that will outfish them every day.... just my opinion though

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #33 on: Jan 19, 2010, 05:08 PM »
The hali's were made to catch small bait fish such as smelt, if useing them for biger fish you need to get some bigger chain and hooks,but they work great, you can also try a stinger hook set up :tipup:

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 19, 2010, 05:33 PM »
Try the new kodiaks same idea a little heavier hook for bigger fish but work great on perch. Fish 307
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.