Author Topic: Frabill Commando ice shanty :  (Read 1540 times)

Offline lil-skipper

• IceShanty Rookie
Frabill Commando ice shanty :
« on: Jan 09, 2010, 09:14 AM »
 Hello fellow ice fisherman. My icefishing buddy, & I just purchased a frabill commando ice shanty each, yesterday  evening. I am going to assemble mind this afternoon. I was just wondering if there might be any warnings or hidden problems, that I should be aware of , before I start. The salesman told us that it should take about an hour to assemble, this seems to be a relatively short time, considering all the parts that need to be accounted for before assy. Any input from anyone who already went thru the task of assembling this shanty will be welcomed.

Offline dfish17

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Frabill Commando ice shanty :
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2010, 09:54 AM »
mounting the weather protector on my Trekker II was the most time.  It took me 2 1/2 hours, but I took my time.  If you got the hyfax kit for the sled, you will need some power tools.

Offline Papinner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2010, 09:57 AM »
That sounds about right for assembly as long as you dont have any kids taking the bolts and nuts like mine did. I built my trekkerII DLX about two weeks ago and it took me 3 hours because I had to constantly play search and find because my kid (2 & 4) thought it was funny to put them in the predrilled holes on the sled and walk off with them. I would suggest if you have room inside somewhere to do it in there its much more convenient. The instructions were very straight forward and easy to follow. Good luck.

Offline HCsteel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2010, 11:00 AM »
I got the Recon DLX and it was straight forward to put together. It took about an hour and a half. Its alot nicer if you can assemble it inside.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2010, 11:12 AM »
Piece of cake to assemble. Just follow the directions. Mine took about an hour. My only tip is to use a hair dryer to heat up the plastic channel that holds the fabric to the tub when you make the bend at the corners.

RG

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2010, 12:45 PM »
   Very easy to assemble , just take your time with the weather seal around the sled .  I used spring clamps to get my tent adjusted properly .

If you pull too much fabric around the sled your front wont sit on the ice , too little and your whole tent will be saggy .  Get this right and youll have the best one man shack one the market , imo.

I am a little taller than the average person , 6'6" , and I drilled my seat mounting holes farther back on the seat plate .  This gives me another 2.5-3" of ice in front by having the seat farther back into the sled .   Doesnt sound like much but allows a 27" rod to be used without hitting the tent ....
Its better to be thought an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.