The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: I got a new shanty!!!  (Read 5778 times)

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
I got a new shanty!!!
« on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:14 AM »
Well, i just pulled the trigger and put on an Evolution Outdoors Sabre ATV mounted shanty yesterday morning. Installations was pretty easy, requires some fab as you have to get the bracket heighth right for your quad. Basically, gotta do some measuring, drilling and bolting together. This unit was very appealing to me because it is very light weight(only 32#!!! ;D), quite spacious, has a large bench seat, windows and the real kicker...the set up and take down is lightning quick. Maybe a minute on my first attemp. Im sure ill quicken that speed with use. Fits my run and gun style of fishing perfectly. It also leaves your rear rack wide open so you still have all that useable space for other gear. Plus if i want it off i just pop a couple pins and its off my machine completely with the exception of one bracket on the rear rack. If i wanted that off too, only a couple u-bolts to undo.....and its made in Michigan. Im really excited about this shanty and look forward to using it this season....Now i need that ice to thicken up on the bay!!! Cant wait to get out after the walleye with my new toy.

Good luck when ya get out...Adam
Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline solman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM MICHIGAN
Re: I got a new shanty!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:21 AM »
That is SWEEETTTTT.  I was at Franks last week checking them out.  I think that auger holder that Evolutions makes is pretty slick as well.

Congrats!!!

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:25 AM »
Ouch, saw those and they were quite spendy......I just wasnt that impressed with the quality of it for the price...I did contemplate the atv mounted one for arctic cat  that mounts front and back and folds over sideways, so you can just sit on seat, and it was priced less than the evolutions....

Offline fishermanbrian85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:28 AM »
sounds sweet congrats on the purchase  ;D ;D ;D

Offline SquirrelHunterJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:17 AM »
congrats on the new purchase
Early to bed, early to rise, fish like heck and make up lies......

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:21 AM »
got a website for them

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:21 PM »

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Pretty cool man!! DO you even know how to fish??  ;D

Offline Ice Drinker (#1 Guy)

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go Wings!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:16 PM »
Looks like a nice purchase!  I'll be messaging you again later this month Adam Bomb for some info!  BTW, thanks for the info last season!
Dude, you're gonna get snapped!!!

Offline bluenose30

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:08 PM »
Pretty cool man!! DO you even know how to fish??  ;D

he don't know how to fish vexie, he just burns gas!  ;D

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2010, 01:32 PM »
I definitely know how to use some petro Blue!!! ;) ;D

Thanks guys, im really looking forward to fishing outta this new unit. Never really been a fan of a shanty on the big water becaues i like to pack light and be mobile. Traditional shanties didnt fit the bill for me cause i dont like to drag anyting on the ice...ecspecially when i know ill probably be crossing cracks. Plus its rough on the shanty and the equipment inside. And when i did take my flip over i had to put it up on the rear rack, strap it down etc. Was a P.I.T.A. to say the least and got real old real fast. Thats why i like this new unit.....is light weight, sets up and take down is quick and is going to allow me to stay mobile, effiscient and comfortable...fits my style of fishing very well.

Ashton, nice mods to the shanty. Ill probably do some little tweaks to mine as well. Thinking about mounting a small battery box on the frame somewhere to hold a small gell batter and rig some L.E.D. lights in there for starters. Once i get some fishing time in there and the wheels start turning im sure ill come up with something else. I dont get up your way a whole lot, but if i do ill shoot you a PM ahead of time and maybe we can hook up for a little search and destroy on some feesh.

Be safe and good luck out there. :)
Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline dgb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Gill Time!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Sounds like a nice bass boat on the ice to me.....I am envious!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Very cool. I'll bet we'll start seeing more of this type out there soon.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline bluenose30

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2010, 11:03 PM »
sweet!

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2010, 11:26 PM »
There very nice. I checked them out at franks friday. Congrats on the purchase adam. Be safe out there buddy.

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: Jan 17, 2010, 10:58 PM »
Had a great day out there. First official trip in the books on the big water for me. Did allot of moving around to keep on fish. Seemed we'd drill holes, catch fish then itd die. Pick up and move and repeat. Never found a concentrated school, just these nomads. Ended up whacking a 4 man limit and tossed back 3 more. Fun day on the pond and the Evolution worked fantastic.

Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2010, 11:09 PM »
I like your picture of the empty ice.  Gives a good feel for the place.  Plus, that is some perch.  Gettin' up to walleye size. 

Offline GotEmHooked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 17, 2010, 11:10 PM »
Had a great day out there. First official trip in the books on the big water for me. Did allot of moving around to keep on fish. Seemed we'd drill holes, catch fish then itd die. Pick up and move and repeat. Never found a concentrated school, just these nomads. Ended up whacking a 4 man limit and tossed back 3 more. Fun day on the pond and the Evolution worked fantastic.

(Image removed from quote.)
thats pretty cool

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:49 PM »
Well, we fished again today and the bite was nothing short of spectacular. Caught LOTS of fish. Ice conditions were about the same, crack was still real ugly. Lots of open pools, busted up ice and clean breaks to contend with. Keep your head on strait if you venture out. Will get some pics up of the crack that i took this morning on the way out. No fish pics though. ::) Was having too much fun and didnt break the digital out.
Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:10 PM »
Heres the crack out there. Not too purdy. Crossings are at a premium to say the least.

Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline damanfrgr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Well I guess!!!LETS DO THIS
« Reply #20 on: Jan 19, 2010, 07:14 PM »
unbelieveable man.  I don't think I would feel right being that close to that broken up ice.  That is just awsome to see, thanks.
yes great pics must have a good zoom..lol
FISH:)mmm good

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 19, 2010, 10:13 PM »
 Nice pics of your crack Adam ;D

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2010, 05:41 PM »
You know it Splash!

Good zoom yes, 10X, but it wasnt needed as i was right next to it. Ice was very thick. Just messed up at the crack. Thats part of big water fishin'. Going out tomorrow, will get more pics of the conditions as im sure they changed with todays NE winds. Shoulda tightened it up...Hopefully a few feesh as well.
Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline 69Stingray

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy.
« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 2010, 05:54 PM »
Nice pics for sure.  Id be leary of that mess as well though.  With a big hole like that, no need to bring out the auger.  cast away!

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2010, 10:14 PM »
Yeah, no kidding. There was a hole out there the other day you coulda trolled in! :o
Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: Jan 21, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Dang was it windy and cold out there tonight. First real test of the new shanty in the elements. Last few trips out have been real mild. It performed great for me. Anyhow, we had allot of fun tonight. Fish jumpin outta the hole all night long for our group. I sent 4 back down the hole before finally keeping my fifth fish. Walleye, its whats for dinner. 16' of water, Silver and Chart. Do Jiggers.

Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline timetwofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 21, 2010, 08:18 PM »
Getting a new shanty itis like getting a new car

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Fishing continues to be real good. Having allot of fun out there and enjoying my new toy...lol

Heres a little video i shot yesterday as ive been getting some PMs about my new shanty so i tried to explain it a bit. I basically did it all backasswards though...lol...When you take it down, swing up those two lower wings on the side walls, then the seat,then the center roof bar support, then the front roof bar support, swing left wall in and attach front roof support bar to bolt to hold that wing in, then swing in right wall and zip door shut. Tuck in the bottom material and fold up a rear flap thats hanging down and attach the three buckles. Put on travel cover and yoru done. Sounds like allot, but it goes VERY quickly. Ill try and do a full put up and take down vid one day for you guys that are inquiring.

Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 24, 2010, 03:44 PM »
Brother.......... Are you listening to an Ipod while fishing??

YOu are the man on the bay! That is for sure!  Nice shots adam!!

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: Jan 24, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Thanks Kyle, been having a hoot out there lately. Looks like the ice survived the rain and wind on our side today. Just gotta get through the SW blow theyre forcasting and we'll be golden. Hopefully theyre wrong.
Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.