Author Topic: Alton bay  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Alton bay
« Reply #30 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:49 AM »
And Mike Haddad makes a comment about my Jeep being parked on the ice with open water nearby.

You should be good with that....nobody believes a word Haddad says, he's a weatherman for crying out loud...he's wrong 75% of the time, and a flatlander to boot.  ;)

Offline Bean town Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2010, 03:07 PM »
nice 14" of ice nice pic riverrat hows the fishing. I hit Newfound this past weekend 7" of clear black ice where I was 4-6 ft from shore the ice was buckled on the way back in no fish a couple of hits would like to try Alton though  :o

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2010, 03:09 PM »
I love it.....the ice is not safe..but ignore that plane that was on the ice and just took off.
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2010, 03:18 PM »
I love it.....the ice is not safe..but ignore that plan that was on the ice and just took off.

LOL or those plow trucks plowing the runway!

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2010, 03:50 PM »
slowest year on the bay for me in a long time, perch, perch, perch, of the yellow variety. If you fish up for rainbows = nothing and fishing down for lakers = perch, and in between = nothing. Hey but the planes are cool.

Offline RIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • the tank!!!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:09 PM »
looks awesome out there Riverrat
How are the edges ?

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2010, 06:59 PM »
slowest year on the bay for me in a long time, perch, perch, perch, of the yellow variety. If you fish up for rainbows = nothing and fishing down for lakers = perch, and in between = nothing. Hey but the planes are cool.

Do you think with all the commotion and activity on the ice had anything to do with it? Or do you think it was just a day of slow bite?

Just curious,
JIGGIN.

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #37 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Alton Bay way to busy on the weekends for me, 90% of the time it looks like Meredith on derby weekend, I'll fish it during the week, One of the best area is around Black Point.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #38 on: Jan 12, 2010, 07:55 AM »
It is a busy place on the weekends but i fish atleast 3 days during the week when there is hardly any activity on the ice at all. I have been doing this for several years and usually have some luck during the week. So far this season I notice a definite lull in the action, the perch are plenty but the trout, salmon and pickeral have not shown themselves to me as of yesterday. A few cusk are being caught which seems to be better than the last few years. Maybe I am just being a little impatient ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.