Author Topic: Lake George help........  (Read 1132 times)

Offline wsj_outdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wandering the Ice somewhere
Lake George help........
« on: Dec 28, 2009, 06:55 AM »
Well the brother-in-law has fished this lake on the soft water and now he's got a hankering to try the ice there.  Is ice fishing allowed on this lake?  Heard it was a flowing body of water, so safe ice means knowing just where to go to avoid the flow, and not knowing the lake need some help.

Lake George in Hobart.

thanks,
If a man can't laugh at himself....he leaves the job to others

Offline Berkley4life

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake George help........
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2009, 06:59 AM »
Ice fishing is allowed, but as you said it is a flowing bodie of water.  Ice conditions can change very quikly from one spot to the next so be careful and get reports before you head out.  The only problem now is there is no ice to speak of and wont be for a while unless we get some cold weather and calm nights.

Offline fishnutt

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ya Lookin For Me
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2009, 12:12 PM »
Berkley  I see you are from upstate NY. and you are posting ice reports on the IN site. Have you fishes there before?  If they are asking for info on Lake George  Mi/In line we have been fishing it for 2 Weeks.  4-5 in ice but the bits has been real slow and spotty.  Tight lines to everyone and be safe.
Filet & Release

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2009, 12:50 PM »
If u r talking the one in the in/mi border don't waste ur time! Been 3 times and got 3 keepers total. Waste of gas and bait IMO!

Offline ShantymyHaven

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2009, 12:53 PM »
Was terrible last year, this year has gotten off to another slow start again.  Dad and I both caught 6 dinks each, kept 1 decent crappie, but did get a nice bass.  Bite has been very slow so far.

Offline wsj_outdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2009, 12:57 PM »
Was looking for info on the lake George in Hobart.  If that helps.

Offline littled62

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 219-670-9620
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2009, 01:50 PM »
have fished it some in the winter by the boat ramp and park, it can have some good day but have to watch out for snowmobiels, they like to race on it, it does have a flow so takes a little longer to ice up good, havent been there in a few years

Offline Estimator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2009, 05:34 PM »
Was there yesterday from sun-up till noon. caught (3) keeper gills & (1) nice 11" crappie. also caught a bunch of the smallest bluegill & perch i have ever seen, they were just down right cute.  we fished the channel just east of the public access. great ice, 7" to 9". i wish i would have stayed for the snow that came thru.

Offline wsj_outdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2009, 08:51 PM »
Was there yesterday from sun-up till noon. caught (3) keeper gills & (1) nice 11" crappie. also caught a bunch of the smallest bluegill & perch i have ever seen, they were just down right cute.  we fished the channel just east of the public access. great ice, 7" to 9". i wish i would have stayed for the snow that came thru.

Thanks for the response, going to have to learn the lake and where the channels are to make sure we are safe.  The 7"-9" ice was that including the flowing area's?

Your board name  "estimator", I to am a commercial carpenter estimator.........sure wish there was some work out there.

Offline Estimator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2009, 09:30 PM »
Thanks for the response, going to have to learn the lake and where the channels are to make sure we are safe.  The 7"-9" ice was that including the flowing area's?

Your board name  "estimator", I to am a commercial carpenter estimator.........sure wish there was some work out there.

[yeh, i know know where you're comin from. It's either giving it away or the one who misses the most, gets the bid.]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.