The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: WY vs. B.C. Laker Thread..Others need not Apply, Big Lakers, little chatter  (Read 12022 times)

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
     This is the best I can do guys, this is our un-official WY laker tourney, not to be confused with the Iceshanty Tourney, so let's have only Wyoming and B.C guys (tourney entered fish with tape) and to keep the clutter down, other really nice non-derby entered B.C. and Wyoming lakers.  Will there be an un-official prize to the winner on this thread? oh yeah... :woot: although if ya win it, you'll probably try to give it back to me or Terry (TGF of notorious B.C. fame) He's better known as Mr. 2009 2d place...right behind er-e-is  :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup:
                                             Don              LT/MFF/Iceshanty Moderator  ;D

ps. Please...do not post any big ling, rainbows, flounders, spotted seatrout, red drum, white drum, bass drum, snare drum, ear-drum or kettle drums here...I will..make them go away  ;) And by all means, no paddlefish or spoonbill cats!

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
appleye and eve21 are on the board. Both fish are from Pactola Res., SD. My best and eve21's first laker frome there a very good start to the year!

In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Cograts guys, nice lakers and heckuva start to the Iceshanty online Tourney. Don    LT/Iceshanty Mod  :clap:

Offline spudbar

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Way ta go Spud! Don  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Looks like hair-saving catches to me, nice BD!  Don      LT/MFF/Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup:

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
Great work! The BC guys should be sweating already.  ;D
Activly studying to manage your Wyoming waters

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
No we don't sweat up here...its to cold ;D
Nice lengthy lakers guys  :thumbsup:

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No we don't sweat up here...its to cold ;D
Nice lengthy lakers guys  :thumbsup:
You can sweat icesicles then  ;D Good job guys.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
appleye and eve21, I noticed a Mr Jigger in the background! I have one and did well with it last year thoigh haven't busted it out this year. Nice lakers. Tube jigs??? I've been thinking of trying Chubby Darters. Looks like you had a great time!

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul

appleye and eve21 are on the board. Both fish are from Pactola Res., SD. My best and eve21's first laker frome there a very good start to the year!

Very Nice fellas.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
I caught this fish 1 hour before you could get the tourney card... not sure if it counts but anyways here it goes.

33 inches

let me know if this counts

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
The fish has to be entered on the Tourney site, but I can tell you without the card, Lonewolf will likely DQ it. This site is just so our guys can show off their lakers to each other. This thread is unofficial...just for fun. sorry, great looking laker though, congrats.     Don                      LT/Iceshanty Moderator :tipup:

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
ok.. kinda sucks i didn't have my card but thought i would show it off anyways..

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Well my friend, not only can you show it off here, if you wish, you may tell all the guys how you caught it and how long it took you to drag it outta the icehole     LT/ Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup:

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
upgrade?   ;)

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Aah...my hair, how do I love my hair...great catch BD, way to go...Don    LT/Iceshanty Moderator  :icefish: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Very nice Lakers guys! :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
ok.. kinda sucks i didn't have my card but thought i would show it off anyways..
Well he didn't tell us his fish story, but Terry (TGF) told me he was nearby when the youngster hooked the laker and it made 6 good runs on him before he turned to the icehole for the final lap. Congrats man! Don
                                                               LT MFF/Iceshanty Moderator  :bow:

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
Well he didn't tell us his fish story, but Terry (TGF) told me he was nearby when the youngster hooked the laker and it made 6 good runs on him before he turned to the icehole for the final lap. Congrats man! Don

I was there    ;)    He was only in about 8-10 feet of water, fishing for Rainbows in front of my house, with a  little jig,  the fish hit it and took off,  he must have fought that fish for 10 minutes.       ;D   when it was  close to the hole,  it didnt want to go in,  finially it did get in the hole, and when pulling up, the jig poped out of its mouth,  I had my hand in the hole and quicly grabbed the fish before it got away,  its all on video,  if he ever gets the video to me,   Ill post it      :o

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....

Yes I wasn't there but did see him a few hours after his ordeal on ice when I met up with the Cluculz clan. He was still grinning from ear to ear ;D

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
that's awesome!  i can't wait to see the vid

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That is a great story and looking forward to the video. There is not much better than a kid catching a fish especially a big one. Years ago I was jigging on some fish when a buddy of mine came trolling by. His oldest boy was maybe 14 at the time, was with him. The boy was born with Downs Syndrom and is a very special friend of mine. He went everywhere with us, fishing, hunting, camping. whatever we did, he was always there. They hooked up as they trolled past me and Jeremy caught a 18 lb'er. He was so excited, all he could say was "Big Fish Joe, Big Fish. I have some good pic's from that day and a memory that I will never forget.

Offline northernwillow

• Team IceShanty Regular
good story Joe good story  :thumbsup:
kids catchin is the best

Offline hallyslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ise I would send you the video but our email isn't working...  :-\
it was a really good fight, but on the video you miss about half the fight because I was down at the lake and then my dad pulled in and I had to tell Colin (rainbowsniper) to run up to get everyone, so then they all came running down and then got the camera going, so yea, it almost spooled me like 4-5 times..

Offline fishley

• Team IceShanty Regular
wish i could post a pic cant figure it out i got a 40lb 45'' monster from FG this morning. that will loss a guy some hair.

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
wish i could post a pic cant figure it out i got a 40lb 45'' monster from FG this morning. that will loss a guy some hair.
Email me the picture and I will post it up for you later today, nice going!  I heard there's an inch or so at Anvil.
Thread killer

Offline WYeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishoholic
Nice laker,congrats. Look foward to seeing the picture.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
fishley, you forgot to sign up for the tourney...  but post pics anyway, man, i gotta see this.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.