Author Topic: No Flags  (Read 1220 times)

Offline shadfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
No Flags
« on: Dec 22, 2009, 02:39 PM »
Fished the shoreline of Canobie today for about two hours but had no luck. I've fished here only a few times and landed one trout. Don't know if its me but it seems to be slow. Oh well at least I got out for the first time this winter so it felt good. Maybe I'll try again Christmas morning  ;D

Offline shaun

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: No Flags
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Where u fishing by the pumphouse?  In that cove over 2 the left theres some ok fishin in there and by the rock point too.  Hows was the ice?

Offline shadfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2009, 02:51 PM »
Where u fishing by the pumphouse?  In that cove over 2 the left theres some ok fishin in there and by the rock point too.  Hows was the ice?

I was by the pumphouse and there was about 3" to 5" of ice by the shoreline. I didn't want to venture out far because it looked a little unsafe.

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2009, 02:53 PM »
your fishing the wrong side of the lake buddy. Slow fishing around the northern end.

Stay at the southern end along Rte 93. Deep holes, springs there and good structure. Problem is access in that area....hard unless you know where to go or ready to do some walking. There is an old boat ramp there and to access it you park in a culd-o-sac and walk down. Gets you on the southern end where only the locals fish.

Smart move not going in the middle, just locked up the other day, still not safe yet. Edges there been closed for about 8 days so little safer now.
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline shadfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2009, 02:56 PM »
your fishing the wrong side of the lake buddy. Slow fishing around the northern end.

Stay at the southern end along Rte 93. Deep holes, springs there and good structure. Problem is access in that area....hard unless you know where to go or ready to do some walking. There is an old boat ramp there and to access it you park in a culd-o-sac and walk down. Gets you on the southern end where only the locals fish.

Smart move not going in the middle, just locked up the other day, still not safe yet. Edges there been closed for about 8 days so little safer now.

The locals wont mind if you park there

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2009, 03:19 PM »

I see people fishing out there every year.  I noticed some pull of the to the side on that one road that runs along the south side of Canobie.  Do you know the name of the road that the old Boat Launch is on?   You can send an email if you don't want to post it.   Thanks!! 
A mans Shanty is his Castle

Offline shadfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2009, 03:32 PM »
I see people fishing out there every year.  I noticed some pull of the to the side on that one road that runs along the south side of Canobie.  Do you know the name of the road that the old Boat Launch is on?   You can send an email if you don't want to post it.   Thanks!! 

Only Salem people should have access to that street name LOL :)

Offline ADK NH GUY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2009, 03:54 PM »
Ill remember that LOL!
A mans Shanty is his Castle

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2009, 04:03 PM »
I will PM you, please don't post on public site. What will happen is once to many cars start showing up, the people who live there complain and will shut it down. the ramp is for people who live in the neighborhood. However you can park on the road and walk in, you can not drive down the ramp though, you will cause problems doing that.

The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2009, 09:51 PM »
I will PM you, please don't post on public site. What will happen is once to many cars start showing up, the people who live there complain and will shut it down. the ramp is for people who live in the neighborhood. However you can park on the road and walk in, you can not drive down the ramp though, you will cause problems doing that.

I agree with SS

I know a few guys from the PD down there...If it does get outta hand and the locals call, you'll either be towed or ticketed...Just a heads up...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.