Author Topic: Mickeys and tips for comfort  (Read 1014 times)

Offline FWFeecherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tight Lines and Screamin Drags to Ya!!
Mickeys and tips for comfort
« on: Dec 14, 2009, 07:35 PM »
Hey guys.  Get all my best Ice fishing advice on this board and I know there are a ton of guys on here who swear by the Mickeys. I love mine and I'm not looking to start another debate on their merits.  All I know is I wear them and my feet have never gotten cold.  BUT, I will say by the end of the day on the ice my feet hurt. The next day my feet are killing me most of the day too.  Small price to pay for warm feet.  Besides....can't afford new boots right now so I'm sticking with my warm mickeys.   My question to all you Mickey users is do you have any tips or things you have tried to make these more comfortable?  I tired some cushioned soles last year, but that didn't seem to help much.  I tried wearing extra socks and that seemed to make it worse and plus my feet got too hot.  Anyone got any suggestions?

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Mickeys and tips for comfort
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2009, 08:12 PM »
I was just warring mine outside.  I also think they are uncomfortable and hurt my feet if i walk a lot in them.  I think i will just ware my Lacross boots and put the mickeys back down in the basement.

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Been a long time since I had MM boots on my feet. But my feet always hurt in the arches the next day. Maybe try some aftermarket arch support insoles like you can get at the drug store.

Might help

J-

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2009, 06:24 PM »
Just Google Spenco Orthotic ARCH SUPPORTS. I have flat feat and wear these is my work boots. After a few days of wearing them my arches did not hurt anymore. Lot's of shoestores have these as well.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2009, 11:18 AM »
MM boots were never made for trekking...it's a sit down and stay still boot.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.