The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: MN Snotsicle Strike Force Thread  (Read 34686 times)

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: MN Snotsicle Strike Force Thread
« Reply #180 on: Nov 22, 2010, 09:10 PM »
Well skip, no more childress worries!!!  Can we get moss back???  Kidding.  Don't have answers, just enjoy whining.  On a fishing note...  My cabin neighbors say that the bay on rush lake is 80% ice or skim ice!!!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #181 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:00 PM »
ahhhh....with duck season opening this weekend that means that ice fishing isn't too far away! How are my Snotsicle brethren doing? Anything real exciting happen over the summer? Hey surflizard...why do you want to fish in Rochester? If you're going to fly up here you might as well go farther north where there's some really good fishing. Maybe if the weather is right you could time it so you're here for the ice fishing show...that's a good time for sure!

why do you want to fish in rochester?!?!?!

OOUUUUUCH brother! ;D

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #182 on: Nov 24, 2010, 08:50 AM »
lol I didn't mean to hurt your feelings spaded....if he said that he wanted to shoot geese the I would say Rochester is the place to be but I haven't heard much in the way of awesome fishing down there. There is however much better water in the cities and farther north.

If I'm not fishing or hunting right now, you can bet that I\'m thinking about it!

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #183 on: Nov 24, 2010, 09:47 AM »
haha is fine, i know there is not much talk about the fishing in rochester, there are some pretty good spots.. but nothing for the record books coming from here thats for sure.. and the geese ect are pests around here! all stuffed up on bread crumbs!!! but i do have a few honey holes for the crappie bite! and the foster arend swimming hole/beach.. there are some real nice trout coming out of there!

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #184 on: Nov 27, 2010, 10:12 AM »
does anybody have any fishable ice :tipup:

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #185 on: Nov 27, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Well skip, no more childress worries!!!  Can we get moss back???  Kidding.  Don't have answers, just enjoy whining.  On a fishing note...  My cabin neighbors say that the bay on rush lake is 80% ice or skim ice!!!

wow!!! that makes 2 coaches the GreenBay Packers have gotten fired this year.you guys are more than welcome to cheer for the Packers the rest of the season.don't know how far we will go but it will be farther than the Whine-queens. just sayin.

HIMO
                                                              Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #186 on: Nov 27, 2010, 11:09 AM »
wow!!! that makes 2 coaches the GreenBay Packers have gotten fired this year.you guys are more than welcome to cheer for the Packers the rest of the season.don't know how far we will go but it will be farther than the Whine-queens. just sayin.

HIMO
                                                              Iceshanty Moderator
well i do thank your team for getting chilldress fired but it would be a cold day in you know where before i ever cheer for the pack, now that being said you did beat us twice this year so you guys desereve a hand, but its sad with the vikings having a bad year aaron rodgers and the pack arent even leading the division ;D ;D ;D

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #187 on: Dec 02, 2010, 07:34 PM »
its that time of year lets get this thread going where are all the SSF members at!

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #188 on: Dec 02, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Got the gear ready, got the bait, got everything running tip top. Checked the ice out the other day when driving by on my way home from work. I used a new electric drill and hand auger setup and it worked out pretty good and the bay has plenty of ice.

Will finally be able to get out tomorrow now that I've stopped slacking!

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #189 on: Dec 03, 2010, 12:42 PM »
its that time of year lets get this thread going where are all the SSF members at!
I'm here and ready for the new season. I was walking home from work yesterday and had to smile because I could feel my beard freezing!! Can't wait to go to the show tomorrow! I'll see you guys there!

If I'm not fishing or hunting right now, you can bet that I\'m thinking about it!

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #190 on: Dec 04, 2010, 02:20 PM »
ok so thats two members how about every one else where ya at :(

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #191 on: Dec 04, 2010, 11:04 PM »
hopefully they're all out fishing!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #192 on: Dec 06, 2010, 09:48 PM »
Well, Im sorta here...  Still in Nebraska, but our lake by the house here just locked up last night despite the efforts of about 800 geese.  Nothing fishable yet, but its a start.  Headed up to the cabin January 5-8th.  Will be headed out on Rush with the neighbors and will hopefully secure my strike force banner then. 

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #193 on: Dec 07, 2010, 12:19 PM »
so how do i become an official SSF member? gotta eat some fish eyes or grub worms or what lol

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #194 on: Dec 07, 2010, 12:49 PM »
so how do i become an official SSF member? gotta eat some fish eyes or grub worms or what lol

Hmmmmm.....To become a member you must answer me these questions three  ;D

1) WHAT...is your quest?

2) WHAT...is your favorite color (jig)

3) WHEN...is it too cold to go ice fishing?

(sorry for the Holy Grail reference but it popped into my head for some reason)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #195 on: Dec 07, 2010, 05:01 PM »
Wrong....  AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHH!!!

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #196 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:01 PM »
two things love icefishing, and fish minnesota, and also not say anything good about the packers in this thread. if you gualify your now a member of SSF ;D and i know that was three things 8)

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #197 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Ok, I am giggle freaking pee my pants happy here!!!!!

1) Snowmobile is up and ready to rock. Fresh gas, spark plugs, a new windshield and a gps mount are done.

2) The Land of the Lost Jiffy starts, runs, and is ready to cut. I even bought a blade cover for it.

3) Flasher is charged and my new Lure Lightning is installed on it.

4) Hyfax runners are installed on my Voyager, no more worries of dragging holes in the tub.

I am ready!!!

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #198 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Hmmmmm.....To become a member you must answer me these questions three  ;D

1) WHAT...is your quest?

2) WHAT...is your favorite color (jig)

3) WHEN...is it too cold to go ice fishing?

(sorry for the Holy Grail reference but it popped into my head for some reason)

well 1 the quest is to get out and have fun and of course catch fish.. i C and R so i dont really care as long as it was fun out there
2 i would ave to go with anything that glows.. but red or green would be tied on one of my poles at all times.. wait, maybe a pink before i leave
3 as long as the heater is pumping it can look like the movie "day after tomorrow" i dont care lol

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #199 on: Dec 07, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Never to cold to fish !   dimond eye jig all tied on(no need for live bait) !
Hard Ice

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #200 on: Dec 08, 2010, 07:19 AM »
well Spaded...with those answers I would say that you are a SSF member!! Wear the badge with pride!

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #201 on: Dec 24, 2010, 06:10 PM »
merry christmas to all my ssf brothers  ;D

servocam

« Reply #202 on: Dec 29, 2010, 10:53 PM »
So what did all of you Snotsicles get for Christmas?  My bro got me a Frabill LED light bar.  Not bad selection from a SoCal non-sportsman type.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #203 on: Dec 30, 2010, 04:26 AM »
I got a Fish trap Explorer and a Playstation 3 with the Rapala fishing game from the wife, an Eskimo Mako 10" from the in-laws, and a 1200 watt portable generator from the parents.  New scoop, some lures, and a few jigs.  Weather day at work today so I spent the whole shift putting everything together and getting organized for my first Minnesota "ice fishing" trip on the 4th of January.  Gonna earn that banner!!!

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #204 on: Dec 30, 2010, 03:59 PM »
well i was going to get to go fishing sat. this stupid bleeping rain ruined that idea :'(

servocam

« Reply #205 on: Dec 30, 2010, 05:41 PM »
I was loaded to go today for a bit but rain was coming down to heavy.  I may try to sneak out early tomorrow morning at 6am after I catch the 10pm news.  It is down-pouring right now.  The snow on the lake melting really good today with the temps in upper 30s and the rain.

I did just get a $100 Gander Gift card.  Time to go search the electronics forum and ask a few ?'s on UW Cams.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #206 on: Dec 30, 2010, 07:58 PM »
Servo:  All I can say is take a look at the Cabelas LCD camera.  Seems to be priced really well.  Also, take a look at the Marcum camera panner.  I got one for Christmas and wow does that thing work nicely.  The worst part of using a camera is finding your bait.  This thing makes life a lot easier.  No cable twisting....really slick. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline iluvpounders

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #207 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:09 PM »
my uncle gave me some sunglasses that have a video camera built into them! they're fun and but i need some more practice keeping my head down so the camera actually shows the fish and not just the dorsal fin lol

servocam

« Reply #208 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:18 PM »
Servo:  All I can say is take a look at the Cabelas LCD camera.  Seems to be priced really well.  Also, take a look at the Marcum camera panner.  I got one for Christmas and wow does that thing work nicely.  The worst part of using a camera is finding your bait.  This thing makes life a lot easier.  No cable twisting....really slick. 

I picked up an VS825c for $328 out-of-pocket.  I have to contact the store as the stabilizer fin is missing.  After using it 2x, i'm loving it, so are the kids, and yeah, the panner is next on the list.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #209 on: Jan 03, 2011, 06:48 PM »
That is a great deal.  I'm hearing really good things about the battery life of the LCD units.  I have Marcum 380 (I think...7" CRT) but wish I would have held out for an LCD.  Oh well.  I'll run it until it breaks and then see what is out there. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.